• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Defcon Creator............ #2 sauce

Ok, went out to our restaurant tonight with the bottle of Defcon 2 sauce I bought. Ordered 10 wings and asked them to prepare them with the sauce and whatever was leftover they could keep. They will try it and tell me what they think. I also gave them one of the booklets with it.

My impression of the sauce was that it's very good. It's hot and stays with you but does'nt hit right away. It looks like I'm dieing eating anything hot but I just sweat like a bald monkey. It's not that bad but it always looks like it is **LOL** I can truely say I'm glad I bought the #2 instead of the #1

When the family shows up for the Summer get together, I'm making up some chicken legs instead of wings. (easier to eat/more meat)
Can you give me some tips on buying, cooking, how to coat/serve them? First time with preparing these and need some tips.

PS: I'll let you know what the restuarant says and what they think of the sauce. I told them to give an honest opinion.

Thumbs up to Defcon #2 !

Thanks man, we always like hearing that kind of stuff.
Here's the way I prepare wings, I do use a turkey fryer, but a pot with oil will do:

1. Get the CANOLA oil up to 375-400 degrees.
2. Put the chicken wings in.
3. After about 3-4 minutes, take them out. They are NOT done yet.
4. Here's the ancient Chinese secret. Stab each wing section ONCE with a 2-pronged BBQ fork.
5. Put back in the oil until desired crispiness.

The reason for stabbing is it kind of like a Peking Duck style, where the skin will separate from the meat leaving the meat moist and the skin crispy.

As for the sauce, put it in a small pot and heat it up, but DO NOT boil it. Once the wings are done, throw them in the pot to coat (kind of like a salad dressing), and throw them on a plate. Most people think the wings have to be swimming in sauce, not true, the longer they swim the soggier they get.

Back