event Defcon Day #1 & #2, time to get the FREE wings flowin'!

chyeah! see you there .. Im glad its during the day and not late night bc I've been responsible lately, or lame, which ever, and want to not stay out all night ha.

DEFCON Day #2, yup free wings again! Win an iPod this time!

Well, spoke to the owner of Bunnys Restaurant, where our Defcon Day event will be happening, and they got some VERY cool stuff we'll be raffling off. In addition to that stuff, the winner of the Deathmatch not only gets the Deathmatch trophy, Deathmatch certificate and very rare Deathmatch t-shirt, but we're throwing in an iPod as well.

Well I must say that the Defcon Crew knows how to do this!!! John, we had a great time at the Deathmatch event. I am proud to say that I was able to compete, complete and come out victorious and will post some great pics when we get back upstate, BUT victory has it's own way coming back at you. Now I do indeed like my food hot, VERY hot....but never in that quantity and never that quickly ingested. About three wings in the tears welled up and the hiccups began...with each bit of flesh a true defcon fire incinerated my mouth. Trying not to pay attention to how others were doing i forged on.. I slowed up A LOT around the fifth wing and was motivated to pick up the pace again by Nicole, who would be there to give me shit if I did not win forever, everyday. I didn't drink anything during this time thinking that anything other than dairy would further increase and disperse the heat. I finished the wings in slightly under the alotted time and placed my hands down, at this point my mouth was indeed on FIRE but i think for about 5-10 minutes it was more of a NUMBING sensation, After about ten minutes the numbing subsided and my face began to burn for a good 30 minutes. I was thrilled to feel accomplished and basking in my SWEET prizes. This feeling lasted about and hour before the first knife twist to the stomach took place. I ate one activia and was good for about two hours before the second twist, I ate another activia and then a milk chug, I am feeling pretty decent right now but know that tomorrow I will be reminded of this event once again. Thank you Defcon for an awesome afternoon and know that I am truly paying for my victory in ways I will not go into!

Congrats man, you were defintiely a trooper yesterday. I liked your quotable quote shortly after the event was over, you looked up, with a face, sculpted by mind-searing heat, and stated, "I can't smile!". Dude, I nearly lost it when I heard that, LOL. Anyway, glad you had a good time, I know we always do, hence the reason we do a ton fo these things. See you guys soon!

Next up, May 1st, Somers, CT, for the NERCC Regional Chili-Cookoff. We do this event every year, and usually end up cooking up about 200 pounds of wings in our trusty turkey fryers.

Back