• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce DefCon - Zero B-5 - Habanero Extract

AlabamaJack

eXtreme
Simply Amazing, A Virtual Plethora of Taste and Blazing Heat.

I got my DefCon Zero, Batch Number 5 (#519) yesterday in the mail. I opened the perfectly packaged box and carefully removed the contents. The way this box was packed there was no way anything could break.

There they were...a flask, vial and a sampler bottle packed in a smaller box in foam rubber and bubble wrapped for final security....very nice packaging. The glass bell top was it self stuffed tightly with paper and bubble wrapped. The wooden base was wrapped in plastic. All of this packaging was then packed in styrofoam "peanuts".

I was afraid of this extract sauce from what I have heard to begin with and waited until this morning to taste it....

I opened the bottle and the extract is thick, brown, and gooey. I tested the smell and there were absolutely no hint of any chemicals. I took a wooden toothpick (still have it in my mouth right now), dabbed it about an eigth of an inch and rolled the tip of the toothpick on my tongue....first taste that hit me was a delicate smoky flavor...wonderful...then a mellow sweet taste...then the burn started...this stuff is hot as fire...my tongue is numb from where I rolled the toothpick on it...the corners of my mouth are warm, the middle part of my tongue and upper palate are very warm and the back of the throat is still warm....by the way....I tasted it about an hour ago....

taste 10/10, heat 10+++/10

Never had anything like this before but hey Creator....I want to be first on the list for Batch #6, 7, 8 ,9 , etc.....

Excellent creation by the Creator and Creatress.

Thanks man, we take pride in this stuff.

And the packaging was The Wife Unit's idea. The items inside the main box are viturally bomb-proofed.

AlabamaJack said:
first taste that hit me was a delicate smoky flavor...wonderful...then a mellow sweet taste...then the burn started...this stuff is hot as fire...
Creator says he doesn't know what gives it that initial smoky/sweetness. I had a similar experience. Oddly enough it stated off like a BBQ sauce. Then, blam!

that's it THP...BBQ saucy...then you are right...the heat kicks in...

Good to hear you invested your hard earned money into sth really good! Sounds awesome! I checked the pics and it also seems to look awesome. Congrats!

good tip IGG...I used the toothpick and found that keeping the toothpick in my mouth, a little bite on the wood and I get another little shot of zero....it ain't bad...matter of fact, I still have the toothpick in my mouth...

AlabamaJack said:
good tip IGG...I used the toothpick and found that keeping the toothpick in my mouth, a little bite on the wood and I get another little shot of zero....it ain't bad...matter of fact, I still have the toothpick in my mouth...
maybe the toothpick was a better idea after all. let's you enjoy it longer, eh?

Good to know there's quality extracts out there. Bravo Creator. :) I only wish i had the spare dough to blow on a bottle.

Kids will be selling Defcon toothpicks at school :shocked:

New Line of products for the Creator...toothpicks soaked in defcon elixir to stir your food with when you go to an eatery...1 toothpick will heat 4 meals, soak the toothpick for 15 seconds in the 4 Tbsp of the alcohol of your choice, preferable 86 proof or better, split it for the meals....not a bad idea...

My Zero is here, yay! I ordered the little tester size.

:fire:

I just got mine as well.

the zero smells like finger nail polish remover and has a horrible taste but is very hot!!!

I say it is jersey death heat range for sure.

back to the taste ..... defcon 1,2,and 3 are very smooth and plesent almost creamy so I had expected this but hotter and that was not the case I find it to have a chemical smell and taste .

the mk2 was also in the box but I will wait till I can taste befor i try it.

shayneyasinski said:
......the mk2 was also in the box but I will wait till I can taste befor i try it....

I picked up 3 bottles of the MK II at the WOF. Be cautious at first, the heat sneaks up on you. Great sauce though....

Back