• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Dehydrator death! Any good ones out there under 100 bucks

Nesco has several for under/around $100.  I don't know what you mean by good, but I've had decent luck with them.  Like most things they don't last forever.  The FD75 I just replace lasted a couple years under pretty heavy use.  I replaced it with a model FD1010 that I found on ebay for around $100 with eight trays.  So far I'm happy with it. 

VR,
Harold

I'm with Judy here. The Excalibur is a great machine. It does cost a little more than some of the others but is built to last.
I have the 9 tray with timer and couldn't be happier.
Pay me now or pay me later....

I am not really answering your question, but FWIW I have had an Excalibur for over 335 years that is still going strong.
cone9 said:
I am not really answering your question, but FWIW I have had an Excalibur for over 335 years that is still going strong.
WOW - I've gotten good service out of my unit, but that good!

People love to rag on Harbor Freight stuff (and some of it really is crap), but I've had good luck with this dehydrator.  If you're looking for something quick and dirty, and inexpensive, it can't be beat.  I had one going 24/7 for a week or so a couple of weeks ago and will be cranking it up again soon.  It's really just a heating element, a housing and some plastic trays so I don't see what can go wrong with it.  Just be sure to wash it according to directions and plug it in for a couple of hours before loading the trays.  It's just on or off, but if you want adjustability, you can splice a dimmer switch into the power cord.

Back