Delurking from Southern California

I've been lurking for a year or so, and finally got around to registering. This is the first year I've grown my peppers from seed instead of from starts, and I've found a lot of useful information from this site---unfortunately I started them late, so just as the harvest is really getting good, I'm getting ready for winter. I'm outside San Diego, but far enough inland that we get real frost a few days in the winter; once in a while a pepper plant will tough it out through the winter on its own, but this is the first time I'm making any particular effort to support them.

Not a superhot guy; I like some of my food pretty hot, but I still want the heat at a level where it works with the flavors rather than obliterating them. I've branched out into a lot of new varieties this year and exploring the different tastes they open up has been a blast.

Oh, and the picture is my son (with a basket of Limo Blancos and Almapaprikas), not me. I haven't looked that good since about 1973. :-)

-NT

Greetings to the best little pepper site on the net!!!
:welcome:

I too am a lite and medium pepper guy; but the guys in here have swayed me into the super hots as well. It is dangerously hot in here.

:welcome: to THP and Greetings from the Metrolina in North Carolina !
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]"The taste is followed by a vicious hot spicy bite"[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :flamethrower:[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :onfire:[/background]

Hi and welcome from western Massachusetts. I'm with Balac... I've been persuaded to try the superhots by people here, and I find I like them, but I grow my peppers to cook with, so I grow mostly the flavorful Annuums. Cheers!

:welcome: from sunny South Florida! :woohoo:

:welcome: from the PacificNorthWest, USA!

You need to check out stc3248's glog to see about
getting your plants through the winter there!

greetings neighbor!

Great heavens---I googled your username and the first thing I found was "Jimmy Brown The Newsboy". Nice pickin', and I'm glad there's another acoustic musician in this town who isn't trying to be Jack Johnson! Let me know if you ever need a mediocre bass player. :-)

-NT

Back