Denmark and a bit of Kerala

Have never had any luck growing things outdoor. But the indoors and greenhouse plants are yielding ok. Especially my 3 year old Aji Lemon work-horse !
My Bhut is podding up second time, with a lot more than I need, since I think they are too hot for me.

Stickman, Denmark is located from 55-58[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] degrees north latitude - you could compare with the Northern part of New Foundland or almost as northly as Southern Alaska.[/background]
I hope you do a grow log next season... I'm intensely curious about your strategies for growing chiles at your latitude. Cheers!

I hope you do a grow log next season... I'm intensely curious about your strategies for growing chiles at your latitude. Cheers!
The overall strategy in this cold country, is to make sure to get some heat.

So, I usually sow my chilies in the winter around Jan/Feb, and then move them to the greenhouse in April. A few special plants I keep indoor in big south-facing windows.

I've managed to keep an Aji Lemon alive for 3 years inside the house. Lets see if it can make one more !

Will consider a glog ...

Testing photo upload ...

First pod this year. My special mutant* Hot Hungarian Wax.

*mutant = the pistil stays on the pod and ripens to red with the pod.
20130217_131424_zps91b82f31.jpg

Nice pod, should have been posted in "growing hot peppers" or a glog if you start one. The rest of these peeps welcoming a thread from 2012 are bots ;)

Back