• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

DeNNiZ's Aint going out like that GLOG '16

Why i'm doing this again.. im not sure...as priorities get more complicated... and time is valuable to us all.. we start to eliminate  other priorities.  

For those that dont know.. ive been dealing with one of my most troublesome pest.. and its called ERIOPHYID MITES... (go google it.. lol).  for 3 years it was a ghost.. and soon became known to me as PEPPER AIDS as it just kept killing all my plants (2 yrs ago i went from 200 plants to 12)  call it mother natures way of limiting me to the amount of plants.. after taking SOIL and PEST management classes, the were able to find out it wasn't soil borne but rather on the plant... but now knowing what it is.. i am almost sure it is something that i can just get rid of and last year really allowed me to do my best and cohabitate with it.  i was able to retain more than 1/2 of my plants most of the season.( even though the harvest was slow).  

anyways.. enough nonsense  . its always fun to say at the start that we will limit ourselves to a few varieties.. some have succeeded .. but when youre part of an awesome community.. its hard to do that....with guys sending you their special cultivars and some that they recommend.. its hard to just say NO...

so on with the SHOW...

this past year i got in a Pepper group Fantasy football and im glad to say i won.. here are just one of the prizes i won

ive not stopped sowing seeds due to the possession of a few AEROGARDENs... 

it sure teaches you patience and to never give up...

So far here is what my list consist of

JMoA - Andrew Binks source (from MoA)-pure
Scotch bonnet (FB friend thomas)
P Dreadie Scotch bonnets (from Gary's seed collection)

Aji BananaA
Aji Fantasy
PDN- paintbrush (Chris P)
Pimenta Lisa f4 (meatfreak)
Scotch Brains F3 (meatfreak)
BBG Orange (meatfreak)
White Naga PDN- (Chris P)
Charapita peach (Chris P)
CP115- select (Chris P)
Pimenta Chris Fat Red F6 (Chris P)
Pimenta Lisa (dark leafe) (Chris P)
Bonda Mahala (Gary)
Primo - ( TroyP)
Cracked Jalapeno (seed train)
BLack Panther (ChiliRiot)
Hatch chili (sandia) - (midwestchiliheads.com)
BBG yellow (thepeppergeek)
Chocolate Brain Strain (thepeppergeek)
M.A. Wartyx (Matthew Arthur)
Obhea (Reaper X MoA)- Steve954
BBG7xPDN f2 (guthirzation)
Flower Biber (JohnFord)

few more to be added

THE NON PEPPERS
Banana Cream Tomato (meatfreak)
p20 x great white tomato (meatfreak)
Ruby indigo
Great White Tomato
Blue Beauty Tomato
Lucid Gem toamtoes (bakers creek)
Naranjilla
Kiwano Melon regular and RUND (bakers creek)
Hmong Cucumber
Siamese Giant Cucumber
Potato Cucumber
Dragon Egg Cucumber
Cucamelon
Patola
Huacatay Mint (peruvian mint)

looked like it would be a promising year.. but again the notorious ERIOPHYID MITES struck again.. even now indoors in my aerogarden.. i did my best.. but can no longer grow until i can find a way to erradicate them,,, maybe a year or two of not growing.. thanks to all those that dropped by. ill still check in once in a while..

Back