• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

baking Dessert Pizza

these are real easy to make but a little time consuming..its a great way to get your kids or grandkids to help you out

1 pkg brownie mix of your choice(i try and get on that has frosting in it)
1 pkg cream cheese
2 tablespoons apricot preserves
lots of fruit of your choice

mix as directed and bake in desired shape of pan. i baked the recipe in 2 pans

this will be your crust(you can also use a cookie dough).Set aside and cool at least 2 hours
2uxwk28.jpg

mix cream cheese with apricot preserves(any kind of fruit preserves will do) and spread onto your crust
24pf3is.jpg

now start laying fruit to your desired design. when finished drizzle on the frosting and set in the fridge to cool things down for at least an hour.
352lv2r.jpg

xnaeqv.jpg

Hey Bam they look great, but don't look too much like pizza to me. Sorry! You make awesome stuff, like these! But for dessert pizza I thought they'd really look like a pizza pie. Maybe it's because I've had dessert pizza before. It was basically a fruit pie (cherry, blueberry) made on sweetened pizza dough.

Oh my GOD, how did I miss this? Can I have a pulled pork sammie before I eat a few dozen slices of this?

Bam, you never cease to amaze me man. I'm makin this on the 4th of July for the block party!

All I know is that looks good. Everytime I get on here, the girlfriend tells me to stay out of the food sections because she doesn't want to clean up my mess. She shouldn't have gone to bed so early.

I had a dessert pizza a few months ago cooked in an open fire.

Base was sweetened pizza dough and the topping was cut up blackberries, strawberries, and blue berries covered in chocolate blocked then melted in the heat. It was so awesome.

I like the idea of the brownie as the base mate, will have to try that.......Never had a brownie so i presume that it's like a muffin mix?

moyboy said:
I had a dessert pizza a few months ago cooked in an open fire.

Base was sweetened pizza dough and the topping was cut up blackberries, strawberries, and blue berries covered in chocolate blocked then melted in the heat. It was so awesome.

I like the idea of the brownie as the base mate, will have to try that.......Never had a brownie so i presume that it's like a muffin mix?

We get a NATELLA pizza from the local ... ! That is good ! I get banana put on ...... yummy !

haha Brownies are a bit thicker and much more doughier or dense than muffins.. Think like mud cake ...;)
The wife is American so she makes gooooood brownies !
The Hippy is also good at brownies ! ;) should get his recipe :shocked:

edit;

just showed wife , she is on to it !

chilliman said:
We get a NATELLA pizza from the local ... ! That is good ! I get banana put on ...... yummy !

haha Brownies are a bit thicker and much more doughier or dense than muffins.. Think like mud cake ...;)
The wife is American so she makes gooooood brownies !
The Hippy is also good at brownies ! ;) should get his recipe :shocked:

edit;

just showed wife , she is on to it !

i make "good" brownies as well but this was a kid friendly one..lol

its all in how you make ghee on how good your brownies will be :P

thehotpepper.com said:
Hey Bam they look great, but don't look too much like pizza to me. Sorry! You make awesome stuff, like these! But for dessert pizza I thought they'd really look like a pizza pie. Maybe it's because I've had dessert pizza before. It was basically a fruit pie (cherry, blueberry) made on sweetened pizza dough.

yes i have had the dough ones as well - the pictures i showed make the crust look really thick but its not really.

most "dessert pizzas" that i have come across usually use a cookie dough base but thats why food is so great, you can make it so that it suits your taste and that day i wanted chocolate..lol

i froze one of them...want to come over for some BBQ and some dessert pizza?..lol

BamsBBQ said:
i froze one of them...want to come over for some BBQ and some dessert pizza?..lol
You don't have to ask twice! But you do have to send the plane ticket :lol:

Back