• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Devv-2017-Having a good time in the dirt

Another season has come and gone. Time to start a new one!

Although I did already a few weeks ago :shh: . After last years dismal (late) start I jumped in a bit early to insure I could have viable plants come dirt day. I can always cut them back, if I need to. I have to compile a list yet, but I'm growing the full spectrum. Sweets, to supers, based upon what we will actually use. Most of my list is to make LB happy; I'm really glad to see her infuse peppers in more and more dishes. Can't beat that when the wife takes interest ;)

1.jpg

Not the best pic; but the shelf is being sketchy, and I don't need all the babies bouncing off the floor.

Good luck to all this season :party:

Superhot Sim said:
Thanks for sharing the dog pictures Scott, Marli seems a bit camera shy :lol: Charlie looks a bundle of mischief , i love dogs that master ratting , how old is Pudding ?
My friend has a big chicken compound in our woods and his dog ( Border terrier x Staffy) kills rats as big as cats :shocked: :lol:

plants are looking good buddy and nice to see them podding up. Whats the purple foliar one looks similar to Tristan and Pauls PDN x BMJ ,lovely looking what ever it is .
How much longer before the real heat starts kickin in . ?

Thanks Sim!

That purple plant is a Tigermamp. Chuck sent me the seeds. I don't care how that one tastes, I'll grow it again just because it's a beautiful plant ;)

Pudding turned 6 December 15th; when she smells a rat, she will not leave the spot for hours. She will whine and carry on until she scores; I help her when I can. Once she gets it, she kills it and lets it be. The pack rats here are small, adults are about 7"s long not including the tail. We have 20 acres and a lot of open land around us. Just 3 homes on about a 40 acre area and hundreds around us. So a lot of critters ;)

randyp said:
Great to see you podding up Scott.I love your trench warfare plan to combat the heat.Rabbits probably  have a tough time with your pups on the prowl.lol

Thanks Randy!

Yeah, the dogs chase the rabbits, and even catch one every so often ;) The reason I put up the wood fence was for a couple of reasons. Rabbits, wind, and all the other dang critters that come and "browse"..LOL

stickman said:
Wow! the plants in the Hugel bed really do look much bigger than the rest! Did you plant all Annuums in it, or a mix with Chinense varieties? Drive on!

That pic that has the charcoal in it shows a row on the far left that has the rest of the Annuums in it. They're in a ditch if you want to call it that; and they were a little smaller when I planted them. No Chinense in the Hugel Bed. Next year for sure!  It was an experiment, and I know the Annuums are almost indestructible.

Superhot Sim said:
Sure it was one of Mojo peppers creation or might be Stefans, he will know more for sure Scott.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

You hit it on the head, here's the Mojo write up:

"Last year I made a cross between BBG7 MAMP and Pink Tiger.

It's a dark plant that produce pods from green - purple and ripen to red / dark shades with an amazing Pink Tiger aroma. The calyx is bleeding and turn out red."

I'm not sure if Chuck sent me F1 seeds from Mojo or if he grew it out and this is F2. Chuck swings by when he has the time, so we'll find out soon enough. Now I feel like digging it up and isolating it...

Devv said:

You hit it on the head, here's the Mojo write up:

"Last year I made a cross between BBG7 MAMP and Pink Tiger.

It's a dark plant that produce pods from green - purple and ripen to red / dark shades with an amazing Pink Tiger aroma. The calyx is bleeding and turn out red."

I'm not sure if Chuck sent me F1 seeds from Mojo or if he grew it out and this is F2. Chuck swings by when he has the time, so we'll find out soon enough. Now I feel like digging it up and isolating it...
This will be my first year growing them as well. I sent the same seeds I planted. I'm excited to see the new phenos. With so many new crosses these days, I don't know what's good or not. That's why I tried 70+ different varieties this year. Most F1's and 2's. I might discover something fantastic.

One of the great peppers I tried last year was the BOC sent from Gary. His variety will be in my garden for a long time. Great flavor and by looking at his plants, prolific.

OCD Chilehead said:
Plants look great. Garden is well organized. Pat yourself in the back. Job well done. Something to be proud of for sure. I've been modeling my garden the past couple years, off of yours. It's not moving fast as I would like, but moving forward.

I could eat that pizza nightly!

Thanks Chuck!

I have BOC's from you and Gary growing. My first year where I can get them to finish. I'm thinking I had one for the 2015 grow but due to the health issues that garden went mostly to the compost pile :tear:

Your soil has turned around in an amazing way in such a short time! I'm hoping to scale back on the work after this season. I scored over 60yds of mulch last year and it's all in for the most part. I might have a yard left. The previous years I added close to 70 yards total, at least. It just goes away over the winter. But soil tilth is improving. I have 12 yards of fresh mulch that has shrunk down by 30% or more as it breaks down. And I need to get off my butt, hook up the trailer and get some more. After all the price is right!

We just got a really nice rain shower about 30 minutes ago, right on time! Thanks again for the seeds!

Beautiful grow, Scott! My life is less my own the closer I get to summer, so I don't get much time to keep up, much less catch up. Your garden looks like mine will in 2-3 months!

My amish paste tomawtoes just popped this week. I only plant 4 every year, they fruit like insane and less than half get to the ripening stage before the first freeze. I usually start my toms closer to the 1st of May, trying it different this year. Did that amish paste I sent you live to this point?

Again, enviable plot ya got there!

stettoman said:
Beautiful grow, Scott! My life is less my own the closer I get to summer, so I don't get much time to keep up, much less catch up. Your garden looks like mine will in 2-3 months!

My amish paste tomawtoes just popped this week. I only plant 4 every year, they fruit like insane and less than half get to the ripening stage before the first freeze. I usually start my toms closer to the 1st of May, trying it different this year. Did that amish paste I sent you live to this point?

Again, enviable plot ya got there!

Thanks Eric!

It's all fun to me ;)  Sure beats my day at work! The one that popped is doing well and should be flowering soon. I post a pic of it tomorrow. I'm off so I get to play :party:

Back