• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Devv-2018-Loving life in the dirt

Here we go again! ;)

This year will be a mix of in the dirt and container growing. Mostly in the dirt. I have some OW's going, 5 are cut back, 6 are pubes that still spend time outdoors as the weather allows. I have pH issues in the dirt, working on that, and hoping for some better results this season. One thing the wife and I decided is to NOT grow into the fall again. I was pulling plants the same weekend I started my seeds. I'm using 4 2 bulb T8's with 6,500K bulbs, and 1 4 bulb T5 with I believe 6,500K bulbs.

So here's the list:

Planted 12-3-17

~Aji Amarillo
~Aji Dulce
~Scotchbrain
~Scotchbrain-Morugawelder
~P. Dreadie's-Windchicken
~BOC-Windchicken
 JA Habs
~Aji Oro
~pdn-bonda w PaulG
~pdn-bonda p PaulG
~pumpkin bb6-Morugawelder
~pumpkin bubblegum Bhuter
~orangegum tigermamp Bhuter
~7-pot cinder Bhuter
~pimente-neyde Bhuter
~Big Black mama-OCD Chilihead
~Brainstrain-Reaper OCD Chilihead

Planted 12-30-2017

~Jalapeno-Zapotec, Orange, Farmers.
~Poblano
~Bell-Yellow, Red.
~padrons
Hot Hatch
~Ancho
~Antep Aci Dolma
~Big Jim
~Anaheim
~Large Orange Thai
~Gochu-Stickman
~Aji Limo Rojo
Jimmy Nardello

Planted 1-1-2018

~Yellow Brainstrain- Pepperguru

The ~ indicates we have lift off.

I planted extra early to beat the heat, hoping for pods before the temps go crazy. I may have to buy more lights...LOL

Pics sometime tomorrow ;)

Devv said:

Hmmmm, I see a few sleep ins before I see anymore 4 anything AM's :shh: 

I'll have to figure out a whole new schedule. 12 more work days!

It’ll be a big change for sure. When I went from working 12 hr shifts to normal 8 hr shifts , I was bored for 4 hrs every day. I didn’t know what to do [emoji848].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PtMD989 said:
It’ll be a big change for sure. When I went from working 12 hr shifts to normal 8 hr shifts , I was bored for 4 hrs every day. I didn’t know what to do [emoji848].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was me about 20 years ago when I went from auto technician to IT profession. Also around that time the wife hit a $35k scratch off, which we had to split with another couple. LB wanted a new kitchen, and me, I learned to make cabinets. She got her new kitchen, which we couldn't afford to have done, and I got to keep all those lovely tools. We now have a full blown wood shop, AC and all, except for a lathe. I have a room full of Mesquite boards I harvested from huge Mesquite trees that a rancher friend had bulldozed, that I still have to make stuff from. That and I have materials (Mahogany and Maple) to make a few more electric guitars.

Here's the first one I made:

201.jpg

Now if I could play worth a dang...that too is on my list ;)

Edit: I made the Mesquite entertainment center it sits on..

Awesome looking guitar Scott - sounds like you have a well-deserved (mentally) relaxing retirement lined up! Nothing like pursuing your hobbies full-time, and making us jealous at the same time! ;) Can't wait to see your 2020 glog... :dance:

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Devv said:
That was me about 20 years ago when I went from auto technician to IT profession. Also around that time the wife hit a $35k scratch off, which we had to split with another couple. LB wanted a new kitchen, and me, I learned to make cabinets. She got her new kitchen, which we couldn't afford to have done, and I got to keep all those lovely tools. We now have a full blown wood shop, AC and all, except for a lathe. I have a room full of Mesquite boards I harvested from huge Mesquite trees that a rancher friend had bulldozed, that I still have to make stuff from. That and I have materials (Mahogany and Maple) to make a few more electric guitars.

Here's the first one I made:

201.jpg

Now if I could play worth a dang...that too is on my list ;)

Edit: I made the Mesquite entertainment center it sits on..

If you feel like making some weber handles in your spare time I could probably sell a few!

lespaulde said:
Awesome looking guitar Scott - sounds like you have a well-deserved (mentally) relaxing retirement lined up! Nothing like pursuing your hobbies full-time, and making us jealous at the same time! ;) Can't wait to see your 2020 glog... :dance:

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Thanks!  I really intend to finish that learning to play thing. The best (so far) compliment I have gotten was when the wife was on the phone with an airline ticket guy and he asked "is that Led Zeppelin I hear in the background?" I was working on the intro to the Rover. But I am surprised he picked it our..LOL

And yes, a break from the mental aspect of the last 45 years is over due. Everyone who sees us comments on that shit-eatin grin I've been wearing lately :D

LB and I worked our last Friday today!

Devv said:
And yes, a break from the mental aspect of the last 45 years is over due. Everyone who sees us comments on that shit-eatin grin I've been wearing lately :D

LB and I worked our last Friday today!
Woot!  :woohoo:

I think the only day I liked better than my retirement
at 66, was the day I walked off the base when my
Navy hitch ended!

PaulG said:
Woot!  :woohoo:

I think the only day I liked better than my retirement
at 66, was the day I walked off the base when my
Navy hitch ended!

My (older) brother was in the Navy, did three Med tours on the JFK. He turned that into military preference when Reagan fired the Patco strike peeps, and now enjoys a 6 figure retirement that started @ 55 and 9 months old, as per the retirement requirements of the FAA. Needless to say I've been telling him he sucks for the last 7 years...LOL. He did earn his keep going as high as he could serving on the high elevation planning boards, supervisor positions...etc.

Monday through Thursday the next 2 weeks and everyday is Saturday!

Devv said:

Pistol grips? I've made a gun stock from laminated Mesquite...I need to find the pics..

Yes pistol grips. Do a Google search for 1911 grips, they should be much easier than a rifle stock. Some of the nicer ones cost a few hundred dollars.

Mr.joe said:
Yes pistol grips. Do a Google search for 1911 grips, they should be much easier than a rifle stock. Some of the nicer ones cost a few hundred dollars.

I will ;)

Here's pics of that stock I made:

2828.jpg

2830.jpg
\

The top pic illustrates the lamination. I did this because Mesquite, although a very hard wood is brittle. It splits very easily with an axe, compared to other types of wood. So the lamination adds the strength utilizing opposing grain.

Hey, buddy, look what showed up at my door:
70C01BC1-27E2-4DE5-8620-507CBD4F576A.jpeg

Awesome selection, buddy, thanks a million!
My 2020 grow list is going to be much harder to
trim down!

Back