• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Devv-2018-Loving life in the dirt

Here we go again! ;)

This year will be a mix of in the dirt and container growing. Mostly in the dirt. I have some OW's going, 5 are cut back, 6 are pubes that still spend time outdoors as the weather allows. I have pH issues in the dirt, working on that, and hoping for some better results this season. One thing the wife and I decided is to NOT grow into the fall again. I was pulling plants the same weekend I started my seeds. I'm using 4 2 bulb T8's with 6,500K bulbs, and 1 4 bulb T5 with I believe 6,500K bulbs.

So here's the list:

Planted 12-3-17

~Aji Amarillo
~Aji Dulce
~Scotchbrain
~Scotchbrain-Morugawelder
~P. Dreadie's-Windchicken
~BOC-Windchicken
 JA Habs
~Aji Oro
~pdn-bonda w PaulG
~pdn-bonda p PaulG
~pumpkin bb6-Morugawelder
~pumpkin bubblegum Bhuter
~orangegum tigermamp Bhuter
~7-pot cinder Bhuter
~pimente-neyde Bhuter
~Big Black mama-OCD Chilihead
~Brainstrain-Reaper OCD Chilihead

Planted 12-30-2017

~Jalapeno-Zapotec, Orange, Farmers.
~Poblano
~Bell-Yellow, Red.
~padrons
Hot Hatch
~Ancho
~Antep Aci Dolma
~Big Jim
~Anaheim
~Large Orange Thai
~Gochu-Stickman
~Aji Limo Rojo
Jimmy Nardello

Planted 1-1-2018

~Yellow Brainstrain- Pepperguru

The ~ indicates we have lift off.

I planted extra early to beat the heat, hoping for pods before the temps go crazy. I may have to buy more lights...LOL

Pics sometime tomorrow ;)

stc3248 said:
Starting tomatoes already!!! DAYAMM!!! Remind me what your last frost date is? Mine is around March 20th...I suppose it is almost tomato time! :think:  Plants look super healthy and the grow as professional as always brotha...take care of yourself.
Shane

Hey Shane!

I'll plant them around the first of March if the 10  day looks good. My last frost date is a few days earlier, but I've seen 24° on March 23rd; just turn the sprinkler on and cross fingers ;)

I hope your heat doesn't ramp up as fast as mine; the Chinense have been hating it the last 4 years.

Howdy neighbor!  Last frost here is Feb 17, but in all reality it never frosts here.  As soon as the nighttime temps are in the mid 50's(in about 2 weeks) I'll be having them outside.  I might move them to the garage some nights if it's too windy, but they'll be out of the house.  

Good luck to ya this year!  I'm growing less, but trying for bigger plants. 

Beerswimmer said:
Howdy neighbor!  Last frost here is Feb 17, but in all reality it never frosts here.  As soon as the nighttime temps are in the mid 50's(in about 2 weeks) I'll be having them outside.  I might move them to the garage some nights if it's too windy, but they'll be out of the house.  

Good luck to ya this year!  I'm growing less, but trying for bigger plants. 

Wow!

You're a full 2 weeks ahead of me in the temp dept.

I have a few out in the weather at the moment. I may bring them all out tomorrow.

Good luck this season!

A few from this morning:

22.jpg

Reaper

23.jpg

24.jpg

Gallon jug for reference..

I'll git some more in the morning..

So versus opening another glog, being I'm already posting here...I guess I'll run with this one.

Anyone know how I can change the title?

Well here's a few from today. It's finally a bit warmer, but very cloudy, so the plants are outside and the lights are resting. Except for a for in the nursery.
 In no specific order...just like my life..LOL

26.jpg

27.jpg

Excuse the mess, I can never keep up around here. :shh: :confused:

Mostly Annuums...hmmm, Marli photobombing..

28.jpg

2 of Paul's Purple PDNxBonda crosses.

29.jpg

Southern Hemisphere Growdown plant. It really is ready for the dirt. Maybe in 4-6 weeks?

30.jpg

Early Girl starts.

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

37.jpg

LB's Pineapples, trimmed, and suckers pulled and potted.

38.jpg

Yeah, we grow all year here :rolleyes:

39.jpg

Onions, still tiny.

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

Broccoli, Lettuce, Garlic, Carrots, and Celery.

43.jpg

Beds are ready for spring!

Back