• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

DF 2022 Glog

First bunch of seeds, hope for a better year, probably end up with indoor/outdoor grow since I had the best results inside last year, as long as their not attacked.

HMQE5003_Seeds-1000.jpg

VYBH1861_Seeds-1000.jpg

If those are the ones I sent you DF, a woman at my community garden brought them with her from Hamadan, Iran when she came to the U.S. Said they were her hometown's pepper. I'd agree it's along the lines of urfa type peppers. A bit smaller and skinnier though. No perceptible heat. No idea what the name really is, so I just called it by city and color.

Salâm! I see many pepper images searching for "همدان فلفل" (Hamedan pepper). There apparently exists a pepper by that name:
Is that the one?

You have great success with the sip zip lock bag technique.
For some reason that has always been a total fail for me.
Maybe I don't get them warm enough.

Good job, @dragonsfire!

Last edited:
You have great success with the sip zip lock bag technique.
For some reason that has always been a total fail for me.
Maybe I don't get them warm enough.

Same here, and whatever the problem was, it can't have been heat. For me personally, it was too much of a fuss.
There is an analogous method that uses cups (combined with soaking in chamomile tea; I think I've seen it in one of @Pepper-Guru videos) which is more practical - again, a personal opinion - but also that has failed for me (some dried up and others got fungused). I will give it another try though.

Same here, and whatever the problem was, it can't have been heat. For me personally, it was too much of a fuss.
There is an analogous method that uses cups (combined with soaking in chamomile tea; I think I've seen it in one of @Pepper-Guru videos) which is more practical - again, a personal opinion - but also that has failed for me (some dried up and others got fungused). I will give it another try though.
That's one of many soaks. I just had a ton of old, moldy seeds to try and save that year and happened to have some good chamomile around. If you have some sketchy seeds, diluted peroxide will work too. I've been really enjoying rapid rooters for my wilds and things I'm not germinating a ton of. If I'm mass sowing something, its just strait into a solid 1020 and plug insert for selections. Domes on until I see the first cotyledons up, then domes off. Germination medium no warmer than 80F. Tons of ways to go about things. Just keep at it and stick with the method that speaks to you. I also like subbing the paper towels out for brown coffee filters. The little hypocotyls don't seem to grow through those and cause transplant issues.

Last edited:
Off you go, @dragonsfire - Will be looking for
progress reports on the Pumpkin Habanero!
1643317887489.gif

Some years back I got some seed in Honduras and
grew the Roatan Pumpkin for a few seasons. Very
nice Habanero type, pretty darn hot.

Thanks!
See what Happens, supposed to go back up to 8c next weekend so might put him outside to try and discourage them but dought it :(

Does insecticidal soap work for you? In my grows
down here it has been the most effective remedy,
especially if applied every few days or a week 2-3
times. I have pretty much found NEEM uneccesary
any more, although I always keep some around.

When I've gotten aphids OW I've had good success with periodically moving the plants outside for the day (or longer, when possible) when the weather is going to be cold but not too cold for the plants. It seems to really knock them back. This OW I was able to kill off all the OW aphids by doing this multiple times over several weeks - I assume a few repetitions of them hatching inside then dying outside until no unhatched eggs remained. Plus it just plain feels good putting those little bastards out into the cold :)

Hope you can manage them.

Last edited:
Back