• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

DF 2022 Glog

First bunch of seeds, hope for a better year, probably end up with indoor/outdoor grow since I had the best results inside last year, as long as their not attacked.

HMQE5003_Seeds-1000.jpg

VYBH1861_Seeds-1000.jpg

I've had much better luck using lacewings than any insecticides or ladybugs. It's kind of annoying distributing the eggs and hoping they don't blow away, but once you get a couple larvae on a plant the aphids gradually completely disappear. They aren't resistant to being munched on.

I've had much better luck using lacewings than any insecticides or ladybugs. It's kind of annoying distributing the eggs and hoping they don't blow away, but once you get a couple larvae on a plant the aphids gradually completely disappear. They aren't resistant to being munched on.
Lady bugs are useless I found, the Aphid wasps are the best I found, wipes them out fast.

The one time I had real success with ladybugs
was when one laid eggs on one of my plants. After
there were 15-20 little monsters crawling the plant,
the aphids disappeared.
Outside everything is somehow balanced usually (at least where I am located); when I start to see aphids then it does not take long before I see ladybugs (adults, larvae and eggs), lacewings and other preds appear. But inside... it's ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY; go full strenght and show these fuckers no mercy, whipe them all out!!😆👊🔥

I had some aphids in my OW plants back in december, sprayed them once with natural pyrethrins and haven't seen them since. Don't know if you can find pyrethrin in Canada but it works very well.
Since you got them regularly you might consider growing some aphid attracting plants likeTropaeolum majus. The aphids prefer these plants and will leave your capsicums in peace. Works well in indoor and outdoor grows!

So SEVIN is banned in Canada so that's why I haven't seen it, went o a bunch of stores today and thats what I as told.

Last edited:
I tried neem oil and dish soap against aphids and it just didn't work despite regular spraying. It also had the annoyance of leaving a residue on the patio from the over spray which then would turn black and sticky.

Now I stick with the pyrethrin which is pretty much one spray and done. The brand that's readily available here is Garden Safe.

Nice! Interesting to see the plant exhausting itself during the day, recuperate in the first half of the night and then shows a lot of stretchy growth in the second half ofthe night... i never expected that!

Back