• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Dick's Nutterz...

Hey Guys and Gals,
I have wanted to try Dick's Nutterz for a while now. In case you don't know, they are basically a seasoned potato chip coated peanut. Well, the other night I finally went for it and ordered the Multi-Flavor Combo Pack. The combo pack consists of four varieties; Chili (Original), Nuclear, Bacon & Cheddar, and Crab. Luckily, if you decide you have an aversion to say Crab, Dick allows you to swap it out for another variety. I decided to give all four a shot.
I placed my order at night and the next morning I received a PM on here asking if I was the Josh from Kenilworth who placed an order. I must admit I was fairly surprised that he had remembered a discussion we had like two months prior. I told him yes and was excited to hear he would be sending two extra bags.
They arrived shortly after. One of the first things I noticed was how nice the bags were. While aesthetics certainly aren't an important factor in the choice of a snack I have to give Dick credit for the design. There is a built in strip that allows you to re-seal the bags. Kind of a waste when you take into consideration that this snack will not survive very long. You will surely eat them all before they have a chance to go stale.
The first variety I opened was Chili. They rocked my socks off! They definitely fall more towards the peanut spectrum but that is in no way a bad thing. The seasoning is not over the top. I think this was a big selling point for me. It allows you to taste the potato chip coated peanut. While it tastes a thousands times better, the first bite flooded my head with memories from little league. I couldn't help but remember the flavored sunflower seeds I use to pound in the dugout. As I continued to eat more and more the flavor seemed to become more predominant. I am terrible at describing flavors, but needless to say these things were delicious. They had a bit of spice (not in a hot sense) balanced well with a bit of sweetness. I was a little depressed when I realized I had hit the bottom of the bag. Although, there was a nice concentrated treat waiting for me. The remaining crumbs are awesome.
The second variety I tried was Bacon & Cheddar. I hope I don't upset Dick, especially since he has been so generous, but these didn't do it for me. They certainly were not bad in any shape or form, but they were not cheesy enough for me. My parents say I over-cheese everything so I imagine they might be just right for others. Good bacon flavor though.
I tried the Crab Nutterz not expecting much. I am not a big fan of crab, lobster, etc. To my surprise they weren't bad. I felt the seasoning could have been a bit stronger with these guys. At the same time, I understand that Dick is most likely trying to showcase the chip coated peanut.
I saved the Nuclear Nutterz for last. I was probably most excited for this variety but figured the heat might interfere with tasting the others. These were pretty damn good. I was more than happy with the heat level. They certainly didn't blow your head off but that is not what I look for in a snack. They were hot enough where I felt it, but not to the point where I couldn't continuously eat them. This was important for me because I was inclined to shovel them down my gullet. Needless to say, both bags are already gone.
If you have not tried Dick's Nutterz I would highly recommend the Chili and Nuclear varieties. They are certainly worth the time it takes to place an order. I really hope I see these arrive in stores near me. I think it is also important to point out, while I was not blown away by the Bacon & Cheddar or the Crab varieties, I could imagine myself munching on them if someone put them out at a party. I assume everyone is familiar with the saying "Put your money where your mouth is." I am going to do so tonight by placing another order.
If you are interested I suggest you visit the website. http://www.bmorenutz.com/ And I know, I wish there was Paypal too, but trust me it will be worth your while.
Warning! Alcohol was consumed during the making of this article.

I love 'em all, with my favorite are the crab nutterz. mrs. blues was all over the bacon cheddar. Once I open a bag I can't put it down until its all gone. They're so addictive, I can actually hear myself getting fatter when eating them! Don't know if he makes it but wasabi nutterz would be killer!

I am going to have to try these!

There's nothing quite like a nice bag of nuts to suck on.

(yes...I did that on purpose) ;)

paulky_2000 said:
I am going to have to try these!

There's nothing quite like a nice bag of nuts to suck on.

(yes...I did that on purpose) ;)

Well, one thing about my nutz is when you suck on them, the outer shell dissolves like a cheese puff....

Totally! I asked for horseradish nutterz months ago here on this forum as a matter o fact... horseradish,wasabi, whatev- you know... Anyway- big ups Dick! Don't stop makin' those crabs!

boutros said:
Totally! I asked for horseradish nutterz months ago here on this forum as a matter o fact... horseradish,wasabi, whatev- you know... Anyway- big ups Dick! Don't stop makin' those crabs!

Whatever happened to the pics of the hotties at the bar...

Oh boy! I was promising pics of hot chicks at a bar? I must have been drunk and thinking of hot chicks at a bar. :lol:

Back