• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Different looking baby bhut pods

So my 5 gallon red bhut and my raised bed bhut have different looking pods. They both originate from same seed source. Has anyone seen this? Are one of my bhuts a hybrid and one is a true bhut?

5 gallon red bhut
P1010669.jpg

Raised bed red bhut
P1010662.jpg

I'm glad you at least had luck germinating them, I bought a total of about 40 seeds from thehottestpepper.com and I had 2 germinate and they are very slow growing and far behind.

The first photo looks more like a habanero shape type pod. Many forum members in the past who ordered bhut's from unknown sellers got caribbean reds. Never heard of the hottest pepper. Dave's seeds should be the real thing though.

I was looking around on the hottest pepper website and it seems like they only sell 2 types of plants, Bhuts and Habs. The first picture really has more of a hab shape. It is possible that you got a few hab seeds in your pack or that you have a cross breed that is showing more hab qualities.

I was looking around on the hottest pepper website and it seems like they only sell 2 types of plants, Bhuts and Habs. The first picture really has more of a hab shape. It is possible that you got a few hab seeds in your pack or that you have a cross breed that is showing more hab qualities.

I was thinking that too, a cross breed like a habalokia or something. Here is a habanero plant from seeds i got from them

P1010666.jpg

I guess time will tell on what it will end up being.

doesn't Bhutanero or Habajolokia depend on the mother/father combinatoin like Liger or Tiglon?

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/17697-my-peppers/page__view__findpost__p__452926

has a picture of one of my Bhuts for a comparison. Note the long skinny young one, then the older one filling out.

Back