• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Discount peppers

This weekend is crazy days in our town. The local discount store is clearing out greenhouse merchandise. Along with perennials and annuals for one cent each I got 8 serranos for 2 cents. They are 6-8 inches tall, not much in the way of leaves but figure at that price I can provide tlc. If they recover it's a bonus. I love cheap!

Jackie

pepperfever said:
This weekend is crazy days in our town. The local discount store is clearing out greenhouse merchandise. Along with perennials and annuals for one cent each I got 8 serranos for 2 cents. They are 6-8 inches tall, not much in the way of leaves but figure at that price I can provide tlc. If they recover it's a bonus. I love cheap!

Jackie

at that price jackie its worth buying and trying to grow them till harvest :)

Trying to post first pics on THP:

Here are the rough looking serranos I got yesterday for 2 cents.

000_3045.jpg

pepperfever said:
Trying to post first pics on THP:

Here are the rough looking serranos I got yesterday for 2 cents.

000_3045.jpg

All you have to do now put between your fingers some Apsom salt sprinkle around by the plant & water that will revive the plant & give it natural color.:lol:

I moved each pepper to it's own pot, root systems are good and with a good drink they perked up a lot. I think they will be just fine.

Looks like they have dropped a load of leaves already, but they'll be able to recover from whatever caused that!

At that price you can't go wrong unless a plant is infected with nasties that decide to have a feast on your non-discount plants, but yours look a bit "tired", not sick. They should be fine!

Back