• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

do you use bloom ferts?

HotPeppas

Banned
Does anyone use them once they flower or do some just stick with veg ferts?

What brand bloom ferts do you use if applicable

(Side question) why do nitrogen take to be asorbed. I had some light green plants that didnt green back up for a week and some after feeding

i have used both and they both work, i usually use grow till they split, then bloom there on out. in my hydro plants i use bloom only. but from what i have read, the bloom and grow are geared toward cannabis. so as long as you dont over feed them any fert will work, i use either dyna grow or general hydro flora nova

Thanks! Keep em coming. Im debating wether to go out and buy some bloom ferts or be lazy and stay home with veg ferts

let me add this, the main reason i am using the veg ferts is that i got tons of samples at the hydro expo last year so i had them, so i figured i might as well use them. if i did not have them i would just be using bloom......for pepper plants that is.

I switched to Bloom fertz and noticed a good amount of difference in the amount of flowers produced.

Nothing is matching the plants that I buried fish in the buckets though. They are podding up better than anything else for the most part.

What 3/5 said! all natural! I give my plants a dose of fish fert once in awhile to give the plants added N + other nutes

I didn't use fish emulsion. I caught some bass and when I potted up to my 16gl container I buried the fish whole under the roots on the bottom. It was my first time trying. Next year I will be doing this with all of my plants when I put them in the garden in the spring. Then I might make some fresh hydrolysate for mid season Along with regular AACT's

I didn't use fish emulsion. I caught some bass and when I potted up to my 16gl container I buried the fish whole under the roots on the bottom. It was my first time trying. Next year I will be doing this with all of my plants when I put them in the garden in the spring. Then I might make some fresh hydrolysate for mid season Along with regular AACT's

Stupid question, but any odor from this approach?

Only my second year of growing hot peppers but I noticed this about fertilizers.

I used Bloom Boost on some of mine this year. After awhile I noticed that I was getting more flowers but nothing was happening to the pods I already had. Nor never really noticed an increase in the number of pods developing from the flowers I already had. The plants were getting more flowers on them but at the same time I noticed as well that the plants were growing more but the stems seemed long and spindely.

Think maybe sometimes Bloom Boost may be overdone in usage thinking it's going to get you more peppers. All it did for me was get me more flowers that will never develop into pods. Think sometimes it may just be better to concentrate on feeding the pods that you have already than to try and get more. As I said, my plants went spindely after using Bloom Boost. Some stems had like a vine appearence to to them. But maybe I over did it with too much, hoping for more peppers. I cut back all that spindely growth hoping more energy of the plant would go to the pods and flowers I already had.

Might be better off just using a mix of nutes to just keep healthy plants that stay strong and grow well. That's my 2 cents of a newbie, but I will cut back on the Boost next year and use a more slow stretched out fertilizing approach.

The Bloom Boost I used was 15-30-15. That's pretty high for nitrogen when not really needed at this stage of flowering.

Fish works great but here it attracts bears and racoons. Its also high in nitrogen which is basically the oposite of "bloom fertilizer".
Since chiles grow, flower and fruit all at the same time, I don't bother with any "bloom fertilizers" and prefer a more all-purpose nutrient source

Back