• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

DOES ANYONE HAVE Modifications? tattoos? stretched ears? piercings? boob job?

I have my ears stretched for almost 10 years. Ive been at a 5/8" gauge the past 4 year and plan on going up just 1 more size early next year.
I think people just need to think about it a little longer before they go past the point of no return because later in life it can effect getting a job. I used to work at red robin and I had to take my plugs out every shift. @heating up awesome yoyo

I'm with Grant on this... I don't care what others do to themselves... But for me, I'm not interested in getting something now that I'll hate in a few decades... I think what helped form my opinion on this is my sisters girlfriend that had a tatoo of an Iron lung on one calf, and a tatoo of manson on the other.... What the heck?!?

She already hates them, and hasn't had them for more than a year.

I've got 13 tats...pics.

10.jpg

3.jpg

Carpe Diem
2.jpg

Life's not living
lifesnotliving.jpg

Guillotine with wings
guilltione.jpg

Chick dancing in graveyard
5.jpg

Military Police
8.jpg

Hawaiian for "May you always be united in love" part of our wedding vows
tattoo3.jpg

My oldest kid wanted a tat when he was 15, he wanted the band H.I.M.s logo or artwork or something, I said no mods till 18 period. 7 years later he gets his first, just to piss his mom off he puts em on his hands, she and I told him "You don't know where or what doors may open later on, get your first where you can cover it." Now its possible he limited himself and his opportunities. When asked if and when he plans on getting that H.I.M. tat, he says "I don't really listen to that band anymore."

I actually made a very conscious decision to not get anything below the t-shirt line - no hands, no neck, no face. When you go to a job interview and shake hands, *poof* there goes that opportunity unless your chosen vocation is
1. bouncer at a titty bar
2. tattoo artist
3. rock star
4. bartender in a seedy establishment that doesn't mind their bartender having tats on their hands/face/neck.

I've got 6 tats, none visible. They are for me, not for the rest of the world. And as Prehensile suggests, I fear they'd limit my opportunities (though the stigma today is far less than it was say, 20 years ago when I got mine) .

yeah i got my first tattoo like 3 months ago and i got it on my arm so i could cover it for interviews and stuff like that the guy that had a appointment before me wanted a neck tattoo and this tattoo artist is real old fashion and he said im not doing no gangster neck tattoos so you can pick somewhere else or go to the tattoo studio that just opened 2 weeks ago the guy wanted a star on his neck and after all the talking he got it on his arm. i was surprised because usally tattoo artists do whatever the person whats because they are getting paid but nope not this one.

Back