• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pics Does anyone have pics of sun bleaching?

Hey, you guys. I thought I hardened off my plants good enough, but I think my white hab needed more. It's not in horrific shape, but a few of my leaves are starting to turn white. I think it may be sunbleaching because I can't find even the smallest of bugs on it. I would take a pic, but I don't have my camera with me at the moment. I was wondering if any of you guys have pics of what sunbleaching looks like so I can rule out that possibility. I moved them on my patio for now just in case. It only gets first sun and last sun. (VERY little.) I want to get them used to full sun all day because the apartment I'm moving to will be like that. Thanks guys.

Where the leaves are getting lighter, are they also thinner in those spots? Thats what happened to mine. They got so thin you could almost see through them.

I can't see through them at all, but they are gradually getting whiter from the edges for the most part and working there way in. I've seen yellowing before from to much water, but these are turning white. I know water isn't an issue because I've been checking that as well. I just want to fix my babies...lol!!

Ah, when it happened to me, it was in spots through the leaves - like an uneven sunburn. It didn't start with the edges... Maybe it's something else?

klyth said:
Ah, when it happened to me, it was in spots through the leaves - like an uneven sunburn. It didn't start with the edges... Maybe it's something else?

For the most part it's from the edges, but there is some spotting starting in the middle as well. I couldn't find pics of what I was looking for online and then duh.....I typed in pepper plant leaves turning white:lol:. Whammo, same looking thing popped up...DOH!! What I'm wondering is if I should ease it into the light more, or just let it run it's course and let the newer leaves that are coming through do what they do and come out full and green?

rabbit said:
For the most part it's from the edges, but there is some spotting starting in the middle as well. I couldn't find pics of what I was looking for online and then duh.....I typed in pepper plant leaves turning white:lol:. Whammo, same looking thing popped up...DOH!! What I'm wondering is if I should ease it into the light more, or just let it run it's course and let the newer leaves that are coming through do what they do and come out full and green?

I work 9-5 so I couldn't do the hourly hardening off. The damaged leaves fell off and the new growth came in looking beautiful. I didn't lose anything.

klyth said:
I work 9-5 so I couldn't do the hourly hardening off. The damaged leaves fell off and the new growth came in looking beautiful. I didn't lose anything.
Cool, thanks klyth. I'll just leave them out in the sun and go through the process then. I can't wait for them to look green again.:)

Ok, just to be on the safe side. I just made up my mind that I'm going to put them out in direct sunlight from 4pm until dark until Tuesday. After that it'll just have to run it's course.

Back