Doing the Ribs?

Ok after I have marinaded the ribs over night in the sauce that I'm cooking at the moment, How would you suggest I cook these?

I was thinking about putting them in foil and put them in the broiler for an hour?

What do you guys & gals think?

There's a ton of rib threads on here, just search ribs and pick out the one you like best. Me personally, I put a salty/sweet/hot rub on mine and smoke them for a couple of hours with a little hickory and charcoal. Then, finish them over higher heat on the grill while basting them with bbq sauce.

Ok well then in that case I would suggest the foil for the first 50 minutes and then baste with the sauce and uncover for the last few minutes. Watch them carefully or they will burn. Especially if the marinade has any sugar or honey in it.

JayT said:
Ok well then in that case I would suggest the foil for the first 50 minutes and then baste with the sauce and uncover for the last few minutes. Watch them carefully or they will burn. Especially if the marinade has any sugar or honey in it.
Thank you very much for the Tip mate, I will remember that but no honey nore suger is in the marinade I made this morning.

One more thing I learned watching Emeril. If you are doing this over high heat which I am asuming since you are broiling them. Wrap them in plastic wrap before the foil. I know it sounds crazy, but it doesn't melt and it keeps all the moisture in, as well as keeping the foil from sticking.

JayT said:
One more thing I learned watching Emeril. If you are doing this over high heat which I am asuming since you are broiling them. Wrap them in plastic wrap before the foil. I know it sounds crazy, but it doesn't melt and it keeps all the moisture in, as well as keeping the foil from sticking.
You sure man? That sounds a little Too Crazy LOL.

I still say braise them if you want them to be tender then broil them to finish them off. Plus the braising liquid can be converted to dipping/basting sauce after the meat is cooked. You just drain to a pan and reduce it.

When I say braise them I mean wrap them in foil and pour in some liquid before baking. Turn out nice if you have to use a stove.

I prefer mine smoked as well Jay.

Txclosetgrower said:
I still say braise them if you want them to be tender then broil them to finish them off. Plus the braising liquid can be converted to dipping/basting sauce after the meat is cooked. You just drain to a pan and reduce it.

When I say braise them I mean wrap them in foil and pour in some liquid before baking. Turn out nice if you have to use a stove.

I prefer mine smoked as well Jay.
Thanks Tx, I will do that the next batch, right now I'm still stocking my pantry!

PhatManDerek said:
Thanks Tx, I will do that the next batch, right now I'm still stocking my pantry!

Hell beer makes a good braising liquid or even wine. Regardless if you bake,broil,braise, or BBQ post pics !

Txclosetgrower said:
Hell beer makes a good braising liquid or even wine. Regardless if you bake,broil,braise, or BBQ post pics !
Of coarse I will post the end result, I can't wait to see how the marinade I made tastes on the riblets :)

It's going to be yummy!

i marinate mine in a dr pepper bases marinade over night, cook them in the over on a low-medium heat for a couple hours then throw them on the grill and coat with sauce a few times till they are nice and done.:P

PwnedPepper said:
i marinate mine in a dr pepper bases marinade over night, cook them in the over on a low-medium heat for a couple hours then throw them on the grill and coat with sauce a few times till they are nice and done.:P
Haha that's funny I'm actually doing that right now and the Dr pepper sauce is marinading over the ribs until tomorrow and then I will broil them slowly.

Back