Doing the Ribs?

MrArboc said:
Swedish dude is confused - are you using diet Dr Pepper?

No offence intended, but don't you have to learn basic cooking in school? We did in Sweden in the '80s. Only "A" I had;) Hungry teenager + food = interest!
Nope I didn't learn cooking in school, I'm self taught!

Yes I know I still got lots to learn about but that's half the battle And half the battle is knowing "In Snowjobs voice"

Ok so I don't know all of the gijoes slogan but Iggy does :)

I envy you. When it comes to cooking most mistakes are nice - you get to eat them instead of serving them to your guests:)

PhatManDerek said:
That's why you get a dog :)

You think my pants are to small becuse my Giant Schnauzer got to eat my mistakes?

Today I had pork covered with NagaSav BBQ Sauce from THSC. A mistake - I didn't use enough so I had to dip the potatoes in the sauce too (like normal people use ketchup at BurgerFling).

No. The dog can eat the nasty salesmen knocking on my door but not my food! :)

MrArboc said:
You think my pants are to small becuse my Giant Schnauzer got to eat my mistakes?

Today I had pork covered with NagaSav BBQ Sauce from THSC. A mistake - I didn't use enough so I had to dip the potatoes in the sauce too (like normal people use ketchup at BurgerFling).

No. The dog can eat the nasty salesmen knocking on my door but not my food! :)
Hahaha I hear you mate, Well How bad is a naga pepper if you cook it down?

PhatManDerek said:
Hahaha I hear you mate, Well How bad is a naga pepper if you cook it down?

Never had a Naga so far and not planning on eating a whole one ever even though I'm growing two kinds this year... Just a matter of tasting as you go along. Need more salt? Need more heat? Maybe a little sugar? Add a small amount of Naga (or whatever ingredient you want) at first and add more later if you need...

I only use recipies for baking. You can't really improvise when you are making a dough IME, but when cooking - taste, taste, taste. You'll learn to tell by the taste and the smell what is missing:)

MrArboc said:
I only use recipies for baking. You can't really improvise when you are making a dough IME, but when cooking - taste, taste, taste. You'll learn to tell by the taste and the smell what is missing:)
Actually you can improve a dough by adding seasoning, ground chillie powder,garlic whatever suits your fancy.

I've all ready been able to taste and smell whats missing "Just ask my folks about that LOL" they hear it from me a lot until I moved out any ways LOL.

PhatManDerek said:
Actually you can improve a dough by adding seasoning, ground chillie powder,garlic whatever suits your fancy.

The dough is still the same - seasoning is another thing:) Heck you can even put whole boiled eggs (w/o the shell) in the dough to make really interesting bread - but the actuall dough is... you know... still the same:)

MrArboc said:
The dough is still the same - seasoning is another thing:) Heck you can even put whole boiled eggs (w/o the shell) in the dough to make really interesting bread - but the actuall dough is... you know... still the same:)
I see your point!

JayT said:
So what happened to the ribs? How'd they turn out Derek?
Let's put it this way, we all loved the ribs, even the the little guy, That's my nephew.

we all will have the ribs again the exact same way but instead of diet Dr. Pepper we will replace it with Barq's or normal Dr. Pepper.

Ok before we ate we made a kids meal up for my nephew and it was fish sticks and he only hate 2 of those when the meal came with 4 sticks, Any ways he gets done eating the kids meal and he starts crying and saying more "that's his way of saying I want what you got" and we try to give him some of his kids me and he says no. We all pondered what he could want although we have a clue so I give him a little tiny bit of my ribs and he loved it. I said that's enough and he started to cry so my mom sat him on her lap, and fed him half of a rib and he wanted more.

Anyways needless to say he ate 1 full rib even when it there was HEAT.

Back