Doing the Ribs?

when i cook them i use a seperate marinade that mostly liquid and doesnt coat the ribs like the sauce so it doesnt burn. i would think the broiler gets hot enough to burn the sauce but ive never done it so im not sure. i have had a honey suace on beef before that i broiled and it burned pretty badly. get someone elses opinion lol..

Big difference between broiling and baking. Broiling for a short time after baking is perfect for sugary sauces. Just watch them once you set them under the broiler cause once they start bubbling it's almost carmelized. There is a very small window between carmelized and burnt when working with sugar under a broiler.

PwnedPepper said:
when i cook them i use a seperate marinade that mostly liquid and doesnt coat the ribs like the sauce so it doesnt burn. i would think the broiler gets hot enough to burn the sauce but ive never done it so im not sure. i have had a honey suace on beef before that i broiled and it burned pretty badly. get someone elses opinion lol..
I guess I'll go head and do them the old fashion way, wrap them up in foil and bake them in the oven.

Txclosetgrower said:
Big difference between broiling and baking. Broiling for a short time after baking is perfect for sugary sauces. Just watch them once you set them under the broiler cause once they start bubbling it's almost carmelized. There is a very small window between carmelized and burnt when working with sugar under a broiler.
So what should I do for tomorrow?

I rather not do cook them the old fashion way.

i thought he was just going to broil it the whole way through. when i do i do it i bake then sauce then grill/broil till caramalized

PwnedPepper said:
i thought he was just going to broil it the whole way through. when i do i do it i bake then sauce then grill/broil till caramalized
I still may broil all the way but I will have to watch them very closely, By the way I'm serving them with Hummus @ olive oil, with little airy type crackers.

with all the sugar in the sauce i tend to eat the ribs with stuff that sticks to your ribs. beans, slaw,patatah salad and some white bread to soak up the sauce....crackers and hummus? wtf! lol...:lol:

PwnedPepper said:

That's what I said...;)

PwnedPepper said:
with all the sugar in the sauce i tend to eat the ribs with stuff that sticks to your ribs. beans, slaw,patatah salad and some white bread to soak up the sauce....crackers and hummus? wtf! lol...:lol:
Pwned, Before you sat WTF? Try it man, It's very freaking tasty and spicy.

I like crackers and hummus with lots of peppers garlic in it. A place near and dear to my heart (and IGG's I believe) Lancaster Brewing Co makes one that is to die for.

JayT said:
I like crackers and hummus with lots of peppers garlic in it. A place near and dear to my heart (and IGG's I believe) Lancaster Brewing Co makes one that is to die for.
I think I have my hummus recipe on my blog site if you want to try it Jay, I've used my Magic bullet to create it but you can get away with a normal blender & or a food processor!

Cool thanks. Did you ever try baking pita bread for it? That's what they use at the bar I mentioned.

PwnedPepper said:
what do ya do pull off the meat and put it on the cracker with the hummus? ide eat it :lol:
No you searve Hummus while the ribs are on their final minutes of cooking,That way your guest's will not yell at you!

Jay, not yet man, I will get adverus and try it the next time I make it.

for now I may go ahead use a couple slices of bread cut off the crusts and throw the crusts away and then toast the bread until it's a nice golden brown and crunchy, if I can't the crackers I need by tomorrow.

ribs can be cooked elsewhere besides on the smoker or Q'er???:D:D
lmao

slow cook is best even in the oven... juicy,fall off the bone meat all the time

PhatManDerek said:
Thank you very much for the Tip mate, I will remember that but no honey nore suger is in the marinade I made this morning.

PhatManDerek said:
Haha that's funny I'm actually doing that right now and the Dr pepper sauce is marinading over the ribs until tomorrow and then I will broil them slowly.

Swedish dude is confused - are you using diet Dr Pepper?

No offence intended, but don't you have to learn basic cooking in school? We did in Sweden in the '80s. Only "A" I had;) Hungry teenager + food = interest!

Back