• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Don't forget to fall back an hour tonight here in the United States

Awesome! Thank you for this. I wouldn't have even known until my cell phone changed over...and I gotta work at 8 tomorrow morning.

I would've been really confused if I got up to make coffee and my stove clock said one thing and my cell phone said another. My pre-coffee brain would have not been happy to have to figure that out.

Yeah, and what's up with Arizona just opting out of the whole daylight savings thing? Why the hell can the rest of the country not follow suit?

as a society... we should just migrate to different lattitudes according to the changing solstice lattitude.  then we could maintain 12- 12 all year long.

so like... in the winter we would move down into south africa.

in the summer we would move back towards northern canada.

we could call this the " Great merican solstice migration corridor" AKA GMSMC

conquering this territory would a historic achievement that echoes throughout history.

the corridor would need to be like 4 thousand miles wide to accomidate all the seasonal suburban homes, so we would definatly need to do some work on conquered  panama.

howardsnm1 said:
phoneix doesnt do that daylight savings crap either.. only part is up north on the Indian reservations.
Not sure this is true (probably not) but heard a good joke the other day: when the US government tried to explain daylight savings time to the Native Americans, their response was "only the US government could try to tell you that if you cut 1 foot off the top of the blanket and sew it to the bottom that you will have a longer blanket."

Hope everyone paid attention to the title except old salty!

Back