• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Don't stick hot peppers up your nose...

Here's a thread where we can all share out moments of stupidity when it comes to hot peppers. It could have been a dare, and accident, or just plain stupid human behavior.

I have a bunch of stories(like the time I did what the title of this thread is) but I'll start of with what happened to me today at BJ's Brewary:

I have a dry powdered blend of various screaming hot peppers that I use to shake on food. I had appearently splashed some on my napkin and when I went to wipe my mouth a small fleck of dried pepper(probably a hab) went right into the corner of my left eye.

Boy, I almost screamed. I ran to the bathroom with my hand over my eye bumping into things as I went(I almost knocked over some dude) to wash it out. It lasted about 2 minutes. Now I know what pepepr spray (mace) feels like.

This is not to leave this site....

I went to the bathroom after making salsa. I was wearing gym shorts. I reached in to grab the package. Fifteen minutes later I was in the shower squatting over a saucer of milk.

oh...and...uh...this is the defcon guy using carls log in...yeah.

cpl of weeks ago at the state championship i was using daves ultimate insanity sauce for the people that come by and said i want it super hot. i rubed my eye with some of that on my finger...was out of commision for about 3 to 5 min. the eye was welded shut.

Try injecting some extract into a paintball and hit a squirrel with it. It's fun to watch them return to the nest and cause a mass exodus.

might have some people say thats a awful thing to do...but my first impresion was.......that would be fn funny to watch.

darthcarl said:
I went to the bathroom after making salsa. I was wearing gym shorts. I reached in to grab the package. Fifteen minutes later I was in the shower squatting over a saucer of milk.
I've been there, except the shower, I just went with the pain. Don't go number one after cutting up peppers.

DEFCON Creator said:
Try injecting some extract into a paintball and hit a squirrel with it. It's fun to watch them return to the nest and cause a mass exodus.
Oh god does that sound hilarious!(mean, but funny)

Some people consider the little grey squirrel a cute, little cuddly creatures. One of Nature's little warm and fuzzy guys with a cute little puffy tail.

Well, after growing up with them living in various walls of houses I've lived in, watching them thoroughly destroy massive numbers of yards, gardens and birdfeeders, I consider them nothing more than Tree Rats, former denizens of the lowest levels of Hell. A rodent whose sole purpose is to gnaw through eves and sophets of houses, costing the homeowner thousands of dollars in repairs. Then there is the lovely and fragrant fecal dumping grounds they create behind walls and in attics of houses. Oh yeah, then there is always the lovely little tick infestation, and the always-welcomed rabies bite. The little vermin deserve more than a little paintball wake-up call, but living in the blue state of NJ doesn't allow more drastic action to be taken without hoards of tree huggers flocking to my front yard screaming "Squirrel Rights".

Ahhhh, I feel better now.

DEFCON Creator said:
A rodent whose sole purpose is to gnaw through eves and sophets of houses, costing the homeowner thousands of dollars in repairs.
That what you get for trying to build a house in nature...hehehe

I was at a show, standing behind our pepper bar (aka sampling station) and I'm telling a couple of ladies about our sauces. As I'm chatting, I pick up the bottle of Thai Satay to refill the sampling cup. I give it a shake, as it's up, the lid flies off, and sauces goes flying up and out all over me and the two ladies I'm talking to.

It wouldnt have been so bad, but it painted the entire right hand side of my face, eye included.

I quickly excuse myself and rush into the bathroom to rinse the habanero out of my eye and as I approach the sinks, I slip on the wet floor, landing flat on my backside.

I don't know which hurt more, my tailbone or my eye.

I felt really bad later when I realized that I had showered the two ladies, and assured them that it tasted much better on chicken than cashmere.

T

Was at the State Championships and had just set my beef broth, tomato sause and homemade pepper gring to simmer and tapped off my spatula on the rim of the pot. As if in slow-mo, I watched a small fleck of hot (temp. and scoville) pepper proceed toward my eye and was unable to move or stop it in any way. Like we all have shared here, my eye was welded shut and my entire head was suffering. I turned and knelt on the ground near my cooking area and yanked off my hat (though still in my hand) where I tried to ride it out or until someone noticed and helped. After I finally got a hand and the offending piece wa gone, one of the guys from the adjoining tent said he would have helped sooner but he thought I was praying. I guess in a way, I was. I was praying that m-f-ing pepper was out of my socket!

So I got plastured last night on beer (like I usually do every night) but right before I went to bed I decided to make a burrito. The meat was cooking while I was prepping the shell. I got out a new habanero hot sauce that I picked up and used 1/8th of the bottle. Just dribbled it everywhere on the shell. I put some tomato paste, cheese, and the meat on, then rolled it up.

I stupidly scarffed down 3/4 of the burrito, I mean I demolished the thing in under a minute....dumb move. I had put WAAAAAYYY to much sauce on and should have taken it slow. The heat just killed me and I was tearing up really good, downing water and milk for about 3 minutes.

DEFCON Creator said:
Some people consider the little grey squirrel a cute, little cuddly creatures. One of Nature's little warm and fuzzy guys with a cute little puffy tail.

Well, after growing up with them living in various walls of houses I've lived in, watching them thoroughly destroy massive numbers of yards, gardens and birdfeeders, I consider them nothing more than Tree Rats, former denizens of the lowest levels of Hell. A rodent whose sole purpose is to gnaw through eves and sophets of houses, costing the homeowner thousands of dollars in repairs. Then there is the lovely and fragrant fecal dumping grounds they create behind walls and in attics of houses. Oh yeah, then there is always the lovely little tick infestation, and the always-welcomed rabies bite. The little vermin deserve more than a little paintball wake-up call, but living in the blue state of NJ doesn't allow more drastic action to be taken without hoards of tree huggers flocking to my front yard screaming "Squirrel Rights".

Ahhhh, I feel better now.

Hey, Defcon. Next year when we are riding the ranch in Montana together remind me to teach you how to build my Grandpappy's "squirrel pole" trap. It is the way I havest the meat for my famous E.Z. Earl's Squirrel Stew. (tastes just like chicken!) - E.Z. :)

Back