• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dot Com's 2013 Glog

Just made it under the wire, 3 h 18 m to go to 2013 ;) New grow started using a light for the first time this year. Don't know how many will survive (fingers crossed) because my grow room is not a dedicated grow room & consequently the temp is not above 70. Click on pics for larger view. Not got this hosting site's procedures down yet :oops:

C-Not Madballs Rusty 7-Pot (this one might not make it) & Dorset (R )

viper (L) & Douglah ( R)

indian guhahati[sp.]

over-wintering dorset (L) & red bhut (R )(no green on that one yet):

whole crop (light raised to get pic)

romy6 said:
Your plants always look perfect. Tell us what you feed them ?
Wish i had the dirt that our Aussie friends have w/ all the natural ferts but I'm limited to store bought, potting soil due to space constraints (live in 4th floor apt w/ small balcony). Nothing special. The potting soil has the 6 months of nutes in it so it lasts (almost?) the whole season.

I might eat the other one whole. It only produced those two pods so far but it was began in the winter & has been an indoor plant its whole life. The pods are as big around as a U.S. Quarter dollar but boy do they pack a punch. Just put the plant out on the balcony and am going to put a tomato hoop around it. Need to make room for my Jonah, Barrackpore, & Brain plants.

70 & cloudy here today. Put the Viper plant out on the balcony last night. Good day to start hardening her off. Also potted-up my Barrackpore & Jonah last night. Morich & Brain are still too small. Will post a pic up of those two later.
megamoo said:
You're getting great results growing inside. Keep it up! :)
noticed a pod came out on my hardened off/outdoor dorset this am. Small beginnings of a pod.

Very impressed with the way your plants look!

I'm so much not a container/indoor grower. Trying to learn here as to how to do that. Next season I hope to grow early and beat the heat  with some stout plants instead of the babies I dropped in the dirt late March ealry April.

Job well done..I love the way you adapted...

BTW is Stolhman Olds still open? Worked there in Alexandria 87-89...small world ;)

update:

Barrackpore

abe4w7AE.jpg

Peach Trinidad Scorpion

adfVvpg5.jpg

hardened-off C-Not Madballz 7- Pot Red Cross Big Pods Twisted

actCeeYs.jpg

just brought 3/4's of my "outside" plants in off of the balcony because of this:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Mc+Lean&state=VA&site=LWX&lat=38.9441&lon=-77.1966#.Ubn1oeeHt8G

This Afternoon Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 4pm. Some storms could be severe, with heavy rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 85. Breezy, with a southwest wind 18 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

balcony filling-up. Can't wait to harvest the two tomato plants in the back, that I agreed to grow for my roommate, as they take up so much room and seem to attract pests?

Tallest plant near the wall is my Douglah. decided to put it out there 2-days ago because the temp was too cold in the house. Has around 5 flowers on it at present. Want to get some pods off of it,

abgBOmqL.jpg

update on Brain

aczW7y5w.jpg

barrackpore
acva3vm1.jpg

jonah
adr9rRU9.jpg

dorset naga I can't wait to eat since I ate a viper a week or so ago. You can see a couple runted pods in upper-left.
abyRWMsm.jpg

Immaculate looking plants man. Especially for potted. My orange hab seems to be struggling in the pot compared to my in grounds. Aphids are chewing it up despite being outside. I don't get it, although seeing no ladybugs this year might be part of it. Usually see tons this time of year, before I grew of course haha.

Keep it up man, those ladies are looking mighty fine.

Peptacular said:
Immaculate looking plants man. Especially for potted. My orange hab seems to be struggling in the pot compared to my in grounds. Aphids are chewing it up despite being outside. I don't get it, although seeing no ladybugs this year might be part of it. Usually see tons this time of year, before I grew of course haha.

Keep it up man, those ladies are looking mighty fine.
so far, the only bug problems i've had, aside from an errant bug or two, occurred indoors. I've only been growing 2-3 seasons and have had good luck outdoors. Maybe its because I live high-up in an apartment? I also have a spray bottle of bonide at the ready but haven't had to use it since this season began a month or two ago.

looks like my 4th attempt at growing a morich is going to end in failure. Looks like it has some kind of blight on the leaves. Part of the reason is prolly I don't have the best growing environment (air conditioned room for most of the year). We'll see. The meristem still looks good. I left it in the pot & put it outside. I really wanted to eat a morich after watching Neil eat one on Youtube.

Back