• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Douglah vs 7pod Brown

I planted many types of 7 pod brown

There isn't a range pure ... in Trinidad there are only hybrids hybrids

For two years I try to carry on the varieties that I like .. this year I have a scorpion Trinidad brown f2 that is very beautiful and the fruits of a stable form

The next year AISPES (an association study of chillies which I belong) study them in depth

We will see some beautiful

p.s. douglah in the local language of Trinidad means brown ... are the same thing

Marco

Marco all good stuff can you please post a picture of your Trinidad Scorpion Brown f2 pods so I can compare yours with mine. I got two phenotypes from you and one is a little bigger and darker and the other has more classic shape and but smaller. Hope all is well and your have great rest of your season, thanks again for the hook up. :dance:

Trinidad Scorpion Brown on the left and Douglah on the right.
IMG_4541.jpg

Thanks my friends
Now I'm on holiday ... when I came back i do the photos (my english is so bad :oops: )

I found this in the pc ... but it is old

DSC_0222.JPG

Hybrids of hybrids. That's a very easy way to get past this isn't it?

I grew two Brown 7 Pods and five Douglahs. The Douglahs did well, couple of dozen pods each plant. The Brown 7's on the other hand stunk the place up. One of them had one pod and the other one had two pods.

Thanks guys and gals.

I've noticed this year that if I look at my Douglah plants in a certain light the pods have a reddish color to them. I thought something was wrong, but now I'm thinking that it's normal.

Alan

Thank You Judy, because of this thread I was able to confirm that I have a couple Douglah pods that I was able to take home from the PNW Chilihead party. And I can also confirm they are a 10++++++ on the heat scale! :mouthonfire:

Thank You Judy, because of this thread I was able to confirm that I have a couple Douglah pods that I was able to take home from the PNW Chilihead party. And I can also confirm they are a 10++++++ on the heat scale! :mouthonfire:

make sure you save seeds for next growing season bcz its not easy to find the true douglah every where .... and yes the heat is more than any other super hot ever ....

Hybrids of hybrids. That's a very easy way to get past this isn't it?

I grew two Brown 7 Pods and five Douglahs. The Douglahs did well, couple of dozen pods each plant. The Brown 7's on the other hand stunk the place up. One of them had one pod and the other one had two pods.

Thanks guys and gals.

no ... is just my opinion

if I can name all seven hybrids of brown pod then it would take a page

I think that ultimately all seek novelty .... even when there isn't

Unlike the discourse of trinidad scorpion chocolate .... them the difference is considerable phenotypic

IMHO

Marco I trust your opinion plus it's the best way to really explain things. I don't believe there is one perfect strain of brown 7 pods or Douglahs. Not yet anyway.

The Trinidad Scorpion Brown is the current puzzler to me. Doesn't have the characteristic tail that is usually found on a scorpion. To me they look more like a regular brown 7 pod. Larger and less wrinkled. C'est la vie.

I planted 20 plants ... only two have the classic tail f2

we must have patience and stabilize the varieties

this is one of the many reasons that made me associate all'AISPES

Now before you send the seeds is better to achieve stable varieties ... otherwise you do not understand anything

I open a thread and I'll show you

What an interesting thread...and a plethora of valuable information.
Great pics.... descriptions...and dialog.
I must add... its reassuring to realize my confusion with all the related "cross" varieties is not unique.
Discussions such as these is exactly why I joined this site....I strive to absorb as much of your combined wisdom and experience as my pea brain can hold. And then possibly sometime down the road...be able to contribute some insight myself.
Thanks Y'all....

What an interesting thread...and a plethora of valuable information.
Great pics.... descriptions...and dialog.
I must add... its reassuring to realize my confusion with all the related "cross" varieties is not unique.
Discussions such as these is exactly why I joined this site....I strive to absorb as much of your combined wisdom and experience as my pea brain can hold. And then possibly sometime down the road...be able to contribute some insight myself.
Thanks Y'all....

growing pepper is non stop learning process that will always give you new valuable information that wil help you improve your knowledge and growing performance every new season

I planted 20 plants ... only two have the classic tail f2

we must have patience and stabilize the varieties

this is one of the many reasons that made me associate all'AISPES

Now before you send the seeds is better to achieve stable varieties ... otherwise you do not understand anything

I open a thread and I'll show you

You are right on the money with that Marco. Thank you and best of luck to you. Looking forward to hearing what you learn.

Wow, i thought i knew the difference after i read the first post. As a matter of fact i had it down cold. skin color/inside color/amount of seeds/glossy/pimply/size/heat. then i read the next dozen posts.... totally lost, when i was done i dont think i know the difference between a potato and a ear of corn. :confused:

Back