• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Douglah vs 7pod Brown

Many chili heads mistakably address the Trinidad Douglah as Trinidad 7pod brown or chocolate that's wrong they are two different varieties ….
Trinidad Douglah is smaller in size thinner skin more bumpy rough skin and absolutely hotter while the Trinidad 7pod brown bigger in pod size skin more smooth glossy and if you notice the cut pods inside the Douglah brown reddish color , while the Trinidad 7pod brown is more yellowish
I have noticed many growers say Trinidad Douglah or brown 7 pod that's including some commercial growers they introduced the brown 7pod as the Douglah

in this pic ...Douglah top , 7pod down

hpim2524.jpg

Douglah on left

hpim2512.jpg

Douglah reddish inside 7pod yellowish

hpim2526.jpg

close up cut brown 7pod

hpim2522.jpg

close up cut Douglah

hpim2514.jpg

Judy, Chris

I was unable to find some data about the history of 7pod brown, can you comment on this issue?

I´m growing both this year and the 7pod(t) brown seedlot gave me a red variety with nice pods, but also the sign that it may be a yet not fully stabilized hybrid!?
I see the same differences between the two brown types, as reported by Chris

NOT_7pot_brown.jpg

Thank you for the question Peter.
Sorry for the late reply….
If you or anyone have a question and I was taking too long to reply plz send me pm about the question with the link on the forum so I don’t miss no one’s comment
Pepper history mainly the Trinidadians is very limited, only few people like Chris and me had were lucky to know sara and other nice Trinidadians who shared their seeds with us in this forum as well as others.
My brown 7 pod came from sara… only one plant ended up brown other 6 turned yellow I don’t know if it was seeds mix of just cross.
They are different than Douglah but for many it is the same… only when you plant both you can notice the difference..

Thank you peter

Judy

Back