• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Downriver 2022 - Pepper Time

Today is Jan 1, so time to start a Glog and THINK about what to grow. The answer is most likely somewhere in here. I'll figure it out shortly. :think:

IMG_20220101_230143914.jpg

Last edited:
Great haul DR!

Good to see somebody growing the seeds I put in the train last year and those pods look awesome. Did you get good germination? I'm currently growing one plant from the same set of seeds in hydro.

Yessir. In fact, I've got two or three of these growing. We really like this pepper. Very versatile. Thanks for riding the train!

I find them very similar to Spanish Padrón peppers.
Sauté either until collapsed and slightly charred. Serve
hot with a sprinkle of salt and a nice cold brew. I prefer
a lager for these.

I agree with Paul, you should give them a try sauteed, with "some" salt. 🧂🧂🧂🧂🧂🧂🧂🧂

....and so I did. Pretty tasty!

Peppers - Shishito IMG_20220826_185707433.jpg

@Downriver - Good on ya, Rick! Glad you found
them to your liking. I’m going to throw a couple of
pounds of Padróns in a grill basket for a paella we’re
making tomorrow. The two Padrón plants I have
growing are producing more than I can eat myself!
These are from some Spanish Padrón seeds in 2017.
Saving a bunch of seeds at the end of this season,
if you get my drift 😉.

Looked in the chilli seed box and I haven't got seeds - must've thought they were too old to use
but after reading the posts on here I now realise that they probably would've been viable :banghead:

Looked in the chilli seed box and I haven't got seeds - must've thought they were too old to use
but after reading the posts on here I now realise that they probably would've been viable :banghead:
Be happy to send a few your way, Tink,
if you are interested.

Last edited:
Remember the germ test I did on those Habanero de Arbol seeds?

Pepper - Hab de Arbol IMG_20220418_160530523~2.jpg

Like most folks, it's hard for me to cull healthy plants. Sooo, here they are today, still in that little 1" deep container, lol. I'm probably gonna pull a few and pot them up to overwinter, but the rest will hit the compost pile....soon.....I promise, ha.

Pepper - Habanero de Arbol IMG_20220831_143325102.jpg Pepper - Habanero de Arbol IMG_20220831_143348293.jpg

Last edited:
So, I hit the garden on the 31st of August to take a few pepper pics. The time is getting close for the first big pick. Need to finish up processing tomatoes first though. The kitchen ain't that BIG, ha.

group shot, then and now...June 6....Aug 31 (86 days)

Peppers IMG_20220606_135814704.jpg Peppers IMG_20220831_151613177_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Back