• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dragon49's 2013 Grow Log

2013 Chile Pepper Grow Log:

My normal season begins in the middle of March, as I sprout 2 months before planting out in the garden. I’m dying to grow a superhot, but I have had 0% success in growing Capsicum chinense outside. A number of other factors prevent me from growing superhots in the garden.

I’ve decided on a small indoor only grow. A co-worker beekeeper jokingly offered to bring some bees into my apartment to pollinate, but I declined. If this works, I’ll have to expand my gardening skill set and figure out how to hand pollinate. I’ll also have to upgrade my lighting, as I’ve been told that my 54 watt T-3 florescent, while good enough to start seedlings, is not strong enough to get the plants to produce fruit.

Here we go. I’ve decided to sprout a Red Moruga Scorpion:

DSCN0752_zpsb22dc54d.jpg

DSCN0750_zps6e72fdf4.jpg

Thanks,

They will need some Sun.  It was 48 F and raining all day today!

I put another 4 the ground today.  Four more to to go!

I bought an oscillating fan for my indoor plants to spread the pollen to make pods.  I started slowly with an hour of wind.  The Trinidad Moruga Scorpion is flowering like crazy!

I had to say goodbye to my Chocolate Bhut.  I don’t grow superhots in my garden and I have no more room under my grow lights.  I am a dedicated chilihead as I couldn’t bear to kill it, so I travelled 1 hour by foot and 2 trains in the 90 degree heat, to give it away.  Johnny McLaughlin was nice enough to give me a Charcoal Pit Beef sandwich for the plant.  Johnny and Nicole will be taking excellent care of my baby!

No more kludge job! I hired a handyman to hang the light the way it was intended to be used.  Not shown here, I'm also using a single bulb T-5 in front of the plants.

I pulled a bud off the Cereza cross.  As it is an unknown cross, I have no idea how tall it is supposed to be, but I am guessing that I did the right thing to encourage more growth.

I pulled 4 developing buds off the Cereza cross.  I'm sure it is big enough to support pods, but I'm going to let it grow a little more.

Back