• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dragon49's 2013 Grow Log

2013 Chile Pepper Grow Log:

My normal season begins in the middle of March, as I sprout 2 months before planting out in the garden. I’m dying to grow a superhot, but I have had 0% success in growing Capsicum chinense outside. A number of other factors prevent me from growing superhots in the garden.

I’ve decided on a small indoor only grow. A co-worker beekeeper jokingly offered to bring some bees into my apartment to pollinate, but I declined. If this works, I’ll have to expand my gardening skill set and figure out how to hand pollinate. I’ll also have to upgrade my lighting, as I’ve been told that my 54 watt T-3 florescent, while good enough to start seedlings, is not strong enough to get the plants to produce fruit.

Here we go. I’ve decided to sprout a Red Moruga Scorpion:

DSCN0752_zpsb22dc54d.jpg

DSCN0750_zps6e72fdf4.jpg

dragon49 said:
I have my first indoor pod!

The Trinidad Moruga scorpion still looks like crap, but the new growth looks a little better - AND I have a pod:
Congratulations!

Those indoor plants are gnarly looking.

The Trinidad Moruga Scorpion has a second pod!

It appears to be recovering from over-fertilization.  I just flushed it with another 2 gallons of water:

Portuge said:
Harvest time, nice look Moruga that thing looks crazy
Thanks,

I'm going to pick a few Superchiles tomorrow, even if they are orange and not yet red.  They will ripen off the vine.  I can't wait for the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion to be ripe.  This is my fiorst indoor grow and am excited about the pods!

The indoor Cereza cross still looks good, but all the flowers are gone!  I suspect heat was the culprit.  I was away for 4 days.  With the heatwave, and with no air conditioning on in my apartment, it was probably >100 f.

Back