• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dragon49's 2015 Grow Log

I did start my Pepper plants in 2014, but in honor of the New Year, it is time for a new album.  To start off the 2015 Chile Pepper grow log, I bring you the first Brazilian Ghost pod of the season.  This is not a great picture, as it is hard to focus on something small in the middle of the canopy.

A few of my Pimento De Neyde X hut Jolokia F7 Pods are finally changing color.  They are starting to get a little orange, with some purple stripes.  Sorry, no pics for now, too hard to get to.

The Mystery Cutting turned out ot be a Yellow 7 Pot. I'm glad as these are much more flavorful than the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion which was the other suspect.

The heaviest pod I've ever grown!

The second heaviest pod I've ever grown!

The third heaviest pod I've ever grown!

The Pimento De Neyde X Bhut Jolokia F7s are finally ripening. Mine are coming in Peachy with black stripes.  These are the most delicious pepper I've ever eaten.  I can tell that they are ripe as the small one started to get soft on the vine.  Good heat, but not deadly, with plum like flavor:  

rick_pitcher said:
Looks solid... those pdnxbhut look amazing I might have to fit that into my grow next season
Ty.  They are the most delicious Pepper I've ever eaten.  They are hot, but not deadly—my best guess is around 350,000 SHU.  They have plumb like flavor that sticks around for a while.

Today's Pickings -The .48 oz Pods are the heaviest I've ever grown!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I have some pretty heavy pods going this year as well. Strange for sure but seems to do with our weather. 
It's fun to brag about the Pod weight!  Go get a cheap jeweler's scale and show off the monsters!   I've got one on the vine that is a candidate to break my .48 oz record.  We'll see when it ripens.  

Here are some more pics from today's crop:

Back