• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Dramatic weather change, too cold??

The weather up here in Northern Michigan was in the upper 90's since last week, but today is only in the 50's and the low tonight is in the low 40's. It will be like this for a few days, then warm back up again. Are my plants going to be ok? They are Fatali's covered in flowers and tiny growing peppers.

cover them at night, i have been covering my outside plants. you may experience flower drop as i have. my fatalii are in containers and i bring them inside in the evening but i has some cold northern winds blow in during the day, dropping temperatures easily by 5 to 10 degrees in a few hours. by the time i got home and brought them inside to warm up, they dropped a lot of flowers.

102 here today :onfire: Suppose to get TS tonite, but we'll see. I Can't imagine pulling plants in once there put outside except in the fall. I would cover them also. the cover will keep the plants heat in and you should be aok. :dance:

Thanks, I'll bring them inside at night until it warms back up. Curious, can Fatalii's even be productive at 50F? If not, I'll leave them inside in the day too. It should be warmer by the end of next week.

I brought mine in as it was in the mid 40s in MN last night. Two days ago it was 94 during the day. Mother nature is bi polar.

Two years ago I had plants the continued producing flowers, setting fruit and growing into december when the night time lows were getting into the high 20's and day time highs were around but not much higher than 50. It also depends on the size of the plant and whether it is in the ground or a pot.

I brought mine in as it was in the mid 40s in MN last night. Two days ago it was 94 during the day. Mother nature is bi polar.

Sounds like me too!!

The weather patterns around here are all over the freaking place…can't count on anything these days.
I have to be on my guard 24/7 – it's just ridiculous and exhausting!!

Back