• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Droolin Devil sauces at my local grocery!!!!!

YUP today I was buying some food at my local grocery store and I see that our friend Uncle Big has wiggled his goo onto the shelves.
way to go.

franks and tobasco had to make room for a truly kick ass product that is a sign of good things to come, just think a local chain grocery in your city stocking sauce we all talk about!!!

yea that would be cool, & lucky you now you have a close location to get your favorite hot sauce.
most times they stock your basic crap or some extract sauces, with no thought as to what chileheads would want to buy.

chilehunter said:
yea that would be cool, & lucky you now you have a close location to get your favorite hot sauce.
most times they stock your basic crap or some extract sauces, with no thought as to what chileheads would want to buy.
Paying for shipping kind of sucks after a while as well. It's worth it to me though...........then again I plan on making my homemade ones in the future anyways. :D

Thats great!

All we get here is the usual crap unless you got to ethnic stores. Although, we do have Maries, Huy Fong and El Yucateco in most grocers. :)

One "natural foods" store sells Dave's Insanity..for like $6 a bottle though. Ugh.

Thanks to Shayne I have just tried Droolin Devils Garlic chilli sauce and Droolin Devils Liquid Sin. The Garlic Chilli sauce I would say is the milder of the two and delicious, I thought I could taste a hint of oranges but it must have been lemon juice. Surprisingly it only contains 5 ingredients (pepper type not stated) yet it's so tasty.

The Liquid sin contains Red Savinas, Habs, Peri Peri peppers, red Jalapenos, Fresnos, and roasted red peppers. It definitely has a hint of oranges, (it contains blood orange juice) as well as lemon and lime. I'd rate this slightly higher for heat. They're both not very hot sauces, maybe 5/10 for the Garlic chilli sauce and 6 maybe 7 for the Liquid Sin. Both have very good consistency, certainly pourable with little flecks of chilli(and spices in the liquid Sin). Both sauces have just the right balance of sweetness. I'd recommend these to anyone to try, I for one was very impressed.

Thanks Shayne.

rainbowberry said:
Thanks to Shayne I have just tried Droolin Devils Garlic chilli sauce and Droolin Devils Liquid Sin. The Garlic Chilli sauce I would say is the milder of the two and delicious, I thought I could taste a hint of oranges but it must have been lemon juice. Surprisingly it only contains 5 ingredients (pepper type not stated) yet it's so tasty.

The Liquid sin contains Red Savinas, Habs, Peri Peri peppers, red Jalapenos, Fresnos, and roasted red peppers. It definitely has a hint of oranges, (it contains blood orange juice) as well as lemon and lime. I'd rate this slightly higher for heat. They're both not very hot sauces, maybe 5/10 for the Garlic chilli sauce and 6 maybe 7 for the Liquid Sin. Both have very good consistency, certainly pourable with little flecks of chilli(and spices in the liquid Sin). Both sauces have just the right balance of sweetness. I'd recommend these to anyone to try, I for one was very impressed.

Thanks Shayne.

Great assessment Rainbow. They are not too hot, but incredibly flavorful products. Uncle Big is diabetic, so he makes sauces with that in mind for those looking for the same and still want a great hot sauce. I know Shayne has tried his wing sauce, that is the next one I want to get.

Buddah said:
I know Shayne has tried his wing sauce, that is the next one I want to get.

Besides Defcon, it's the only other wing sauce I use now. They both score a 10 in my book. Very contrasting flavours, so it's nice to go back and forth. Make sure to get the Serial Killer Private Reserve to use with the Killer Wing Sauce. The sauce is hot on it's own, but adding the extract in takes it to a great heat level.

Hot Canuck said:
Besides Defcon, it's the only other wing sauce I use now. They both score a 10 in my book. Very contrasting flavours, so it's nice to go back and forth. Make sure to get the Serial Killer Private Reserve to use with the Killer Wing Sauce. The sauce is hot on it's own, but adding the extract in takes it to a great heat level.

I have Serial Killer and did a video for him on his website a few months back. Its tasty and quite hot, but the extract gives me gut pain.

Have you tried CaJohn's "10" Wing Sauce because its not only hot with Jolokias, but it has amazing flavor. He won 1st place with it at the 2007 Golden Chile Awards.

Buddah said:
I have Serial Killer and did a video for him on his website a few months back. Its tasty and quite hot, but the extract gives me gut pain.

Have you tried CaJohn's "10" Wing Sauce because its not only hot with Jolokias, but it has amazing flavor. He won 1st place with it at the 2007 Golden Chile Awards.

That was you? I like his stuff, and his new website is way better for ordering from. I'll have to check out the Cajohns 10 wing sauce, but not till I've somewhat depleted my recently restocked batch of sauces...

Hot Canuck said:
That was you? I like his stuff, and his new website is way better for ordering from. I'll have to check out the Cajohns 10 wing sauce, but not till I've somewhat depleted my recently restocked batch of sauces...

Yeah little ol' me. I feel like a video star now. :lol: You should come down from Toronto and make it to Weekend of Fire. CaJohn has all his sauces out for tasting. Not to mention all the other great companies represented there.

I have suffered the wrath of serial killer.... wow !!

I use alot of his chipotle sauce for bbq and the chili garlic for pasta ect.

this site has shown me the likes of Cajohn , Defcon, and the list goes on.
but to see these small market sauces hit the store shelves is a good thing in many ways .

Buddah said:
Yeah little ol' me. I feel like a video star now. :lol: You should come down from Toronto and make it to Weekend of Fire. CaJohn has all his sauces out for tasting. Not to mention all the other great companies represented there.

I've been considering it. I was all gung ho when my geographically challenged self first read about it. I thought, hey, a 6 hour drive to Ohio - no problem...then I Mapquested and saw where in Ohio it is - that's a 10 hour drive...big difference...we'll see...

Buddah said:
Great assessment Rainbow. They are not too hot, but incredibly flavorful products. Uncle Big is diabetic, so he makes sauces with that in mind for those looking for the same and still want a great hot sauce. I know Shayne has tried his wing sauce, that is the next one I want to get.

Right, I got a little confused, not hard for me I know but does Uncle Big make the Droolin Devil sauces?
I see there are two different websites even though they are connected to each other in some way.

Hot Canuck said:
I've been considering it. I was all gung ho when my geographically challenged self first read about it. I thought, hey, a 6 hour drive to Ohio - no problem...then I Mapquested and saw where in Ohio it is - that's a 10 hour drive...big difference...we'll see...

Its a 10 hour ride for me. Find a friend to go with or scoop up. Also on the Monday following the event in Columbus, CaJohn is having an open house in his factory and it isn't to be missed.

rainbowberry said:
Right, I got a little confused, not hard for me I know but does Uncle Big make the Droolin Devil sauces?
I see there are two different websites even though they are connected to each other in some way.

Not sure, but he is a friendly enough guy. Try emailing him and ask away. unclebig@unclebig.com

Back