• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

droopy leaves in the evening

Hi,

Ever since I've switched the light from a 85W CFL to a 250W HPS, my 4 chili plants keep having droopy leaves at the end of the day/evening. I don't know how they do during the day because I am at work, but in the morning they look almost fine (so after dark hours).

I run the light 16/8 at the moment. The leaves don't feel soft like when the plant is underwatered, they feel healthy to the touch and the plants are growing very well apart from this behaviour (they are getting 1-2cm taller every day). They are grown hydroponicaly with a drip system in rockwool cubes (reccirculating), getting nutes 3 times a day, in preparation for a RDWC system I am building outdoors.

I am attaching some pictures, although they are far from acceptable because the electronic shutter in my iphone doesn't cope well with the hps flickering. I hope you can get an idea...

Thanks all!

2015-04-24%2020.05.13.jpg
2015-04-24%2020.05.20.jpg
2015-04-24%2020.05.03.jpg

pwb said:
Maybe to litle water at daytime?

Really don't think so with how often they get fed. Also, when underwatered, the leaves are soft, so gravity pulls them down. What I am experiencing is hard, healthy feeling leaves, which point down on purpose (if it makes sense).

Thank you for the input and quick reply.
rghm1u20 said:
Do you control the temperature during the day?

No. Also, my thermometer broke a few days ago so I have no ideea what temps they are getting. The light isn't very close, so from experience and how it feels I'm thinking they are under or around 30 deg celsius.

I am ashamed to say I don't even have a fan blowing on them...

I'd suggest getting a fan on them, mine were like that after summer heat during the day but would come back at night like nothing happened

Back