• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Drums

Got us a chick singer. Recording was the first time that she had ever played with us. Sorry about the quality but I had to take a video with my phone of the recording from our rehearsal the other night,lol. Hopefully yall have good computer speakers. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwsl40Za_Xs

texas blues said:
Straight up balls deep rock.

Boom crash POW!

You still have room for more gear in that room.

Make it wall to wall vengeance and destruction!!!
:rofl: Im trying. When I get another set of drums that will take up some of that "extra" space ;)   Im also wanting to start getting some decent recording and mixing stuff. 

I have another video im going to post,"waiting on it to upload." 

Liked that one because I could hear the vox.

Gal's got some pipes and in some respects reminded me of JJ.

Didna' like it because of the mix and recording.

Mostly I got drums, vox, and crappy bass.

Guitar was in and out and what I heard of it I didna' like.

With that...

I approve of your new band Siccy!

Rock that sheeit!

You think it all sucks but you approve? :rofl:  Thanks for listing to it though Im actually really stoked about this band.

Its a recording with my phone of a recording so there is no mix at all.  We play a festival on the 26th so hopefully I can get a decent recording. There will be a sound man and all that jive.

sicman said:
:rofl: Im trying. When I get another set of drums that will take up some of that "extra" space ;)   Im also wanting to start getting some decent recording and mixing stuff. 

I have another video im going to post,"waiting on it to upload." 

Having just bought my first microphone and computer interface to mic my combo amp, I can attest that this is a very expensive proposition. How many mics do you need to properly mic a drum set? 1 for each piece, right?

Do you all rehearse at the ranch?

Jeff H said:

Having just bought my first microphone and computer interface to mic my combo amp, I can attest that this is a very expensive proposition. How many mics do you need to properly mic a drum set? 1 for each piece, right?

Do you all rehearse at the ranch?
Yup rehearsal is here at The Third Turtle Ranch.  As far as miking a drum set it really depends on the room.When I have played out and the sound guy has miked me its allways been one in the kick,one on the snare and 2 overheads,outdoor gigs.  I will get all kinds of pics of this festival that im playing of all that jive.I have no idea how the sound guys will be doing there thing there? Its a big Sonor double bass kit with a huge rack that all the drummers are going to share,should be fun.  

But yes i eventually would want my "studio" kit to be miked every drum and one or two overheads and one on the hats.   You aint joking about being expensive either. All this crap is expensive. 

I'm thinking about pulling my kit outta storage and setting it up in my apartment.  Problems are 1, i'm in an apartment (2nd floor), and 2, my landlord lives on the first floor, and 3-100, i'm in an apartment.  I've never tried muting a kit before, any suggestions?  

Rawkstah said:
I'm thinking about pulling my kit outta storage and setting it up in my apartment.  Problems are 1, i'm in an apartment (2nd floor), and 2, my landlord lives on the first floor, and 3-100, i'm in an apartment.  I've never tried muting a kit before, any suggestions?  

aerodrums.
Rawkstah said:

aerodrums.

or the spoons
Rawkstah said:
Pull that shit out though. Drums are great! You get to hit things.

I don't want aerodrums or an e kit, they aren't as much fun, I had a stupid pad kit when I was in college.  I still play my violin, and the piano, and I pulled out the lap steel last weekend.  There are 6 guitars and 6 basses here, a double bass, a ukulele, 2 mandolins and a banjo here as well (probably other stuff but this is just what I see in the open), but the drums are different and have always been my favorite.  All I got to play on in that regard is a djembe. 

Yup drums are the best for sure.  Getting all crazy on that double bass woud be groovy also. 

All seroius a E kit might be the way to go. There is no way you are going to not piss your neighbours off,unless they are cool. Maybe they all jam also?

Regardless i want to see this kit up and you grooving.

Oh and the aerodrums are lame :rofl:

Rawkstah said:
I don't want aerodrums or an e kit, they aren't as much fun, I had a stupid pad kit when I was in college.  I still play my violin, and the piano, and I pulled out the lap steel last weekend.  There are 6 guitars and 6 basses here, a double bass, a ukulele, 2 mandolins and a banjo here as well (probably other stuff but this is just what I see in the open), but the drums are different and have always been my favorite.  All I got to play on in that regard is a djembe. 

wait, lap steel ...

Double bass is bigger than me.  My hands are too small to play it, tried it once and that's when I got the violin.  It's the dude's jam.  

The Ecuadorian landlord has a bunch of DJ equipment and he occasionally blasts pasillos or some reggaeton on his system to shake the building, and his Filipina wife is constantly singing karaoke downstairs, so I'm thinkin muted drums wouldn't be too much of an issue.

grantmichaels said:

wait, lap steel ...
Its a steel slide guitar you sit down and have in your lap when you play. Neat, but its not a drum kit. 

Rawkstah said:
Its a steel slide guitar you sit down and have in your lap when you play. Neat, but its not a drum kit. 

Oh, I'm familiar ... it's my #1 bucket list item ...

When I have the time, I'm going to learn to play the PS ...

Love me some Robert Randolph ...

Back