• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Dyce's seeds

well about a week ago I started my pepper seeds. I got :

10 Bhut Jolokia
10 Scotch Bonnet
12 Red Habaneros
all the pepper starters are kept at around 80-85 degrees

14 Garlic plants

Most of my garlic is almost 7" tall (unreal the way these things took off)

I've got my first 2 spouts today on the Scotch Bonnets

As soon as I finish my grow/light box I'll post pics

I used 2" peat pots and filled them with a 50/50 mix of "Magic Moss Organic Super Stater" and composted worm castings.

dam you're impatient....LOL....

my tray of pepper seeds
peppers1.jpg

my garlic
garlic1.jpg

this morning I am up to 8 sprouts so far!!

7 of my sprouts are in the scotch bonnets and 1 in the Red

The garlic plants are starting to fatten up a lil more now

Dyce51 said:
well about a week ago I started my pepper seeds. I got :

10 Bhut Jolokia
10 Scotch Bonnet
12 Red Habaneros
all the pepper starters are kept at around 80-85 degrees

14 Garlic plants

Most of my garlic is almost 7" tall (unreal the way these things took off)

I've got my first 2 spouts today on the Scotch Bonnets

As soon as I finish my grow/light box I'll post pics

I used 2" peat pots and filled them with a 50/50 mix of "Magic Moss Organic Super Stater" and composted worm castings.
Would be really cool to see your setup!

PhatManDerek said:
Would be really cool to see your setup!

gotta wait till tommorrow to finish my grow box (gotta get money to buy the lights)

In the mean time.....yesturday I had 8 sprouts today I have 21 sprouts!!!! Even one Bhut Jolokia sprout!!! (that is fast for the bhuts to germanate) I will definatly use this soil mix again!!! 5-6 day germantion time...and rapid growing sprouts....I really have to get the box finished quick !!!!

need 11 more sprouts for 100% germanation!!!!!

Again a BIG THANK YOU to forum member "fineexampl" for the seeds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a couple of my garlic are reacking a FOOT TALL already and 1 is starting to push the peat pot....soon will be time to repot !!!!

Boy, it did shoot right up, didn't it?

When do you set garlic out? It's more cold tolerant, isn't it?

Pam said:
Boy, it did shoot right up, didn't it?

When do you set garlic out? It's more cold tolerant, isn't it?

technically I should have had them planted in the fall for a mid spring harvest....the best I'm looking at right now is early to mid summer. That's why I'm growing them indoors right now to kind of give them a jump start....

just checked the plants and I have 3 mor Bhut Jolokia sprouts and 2 new red habs sprouts....waiting for the last 6 to sprout up!!!! :lol:

I just checked the sprouts a lil bit ago and I have 2 that have not sprouted yet!!!! Pretty darn goodso far!!!!!

Dyce51 said:
I just checked the sprouts a lil bit ago and I have 2 that have not sprouted yet!!!! Pretty darn goodso far!!!!!
Cheers Dyce, That's what TB would say :)

but that's cool because its making me want to try even if mine does an epic fail!

Still waiting for one more to sprout......Although I finished my Grow Box today....It is staying at a constent 82.5 degrees inside of it!! It's kinda funny you turn off the lights in the room where it is at and the box glows!!!! It's pretty funny!!!

I used a 4' x 8' x 3/4" foam insulation board that has a foil mylar coating on 1 side of it. The stuff is called POLY SHIELD Sheeting/Underlayment. I cut it to the size I wanted and Duct Taped it all together. I have 1 Fluorescent Grow Light hanging inside and I have my heating pad iside as well. It is staying at a constant 82.5 degrees inside of the box. I will take some pics of it tommorrow. Here it is glowing right now.....It gives my family room a "Purple Haze" to it!!!!!

GEDC0025_1.jpg

Tommorrow I may add a layer of aluminum foil over the mylar inside of the box....To me if the box is glowing some light is escaping......I dunno....

The box cost less than $20.00 to make (including the themometer)

well I did it!!! I hit 100% germanation!! All the peppers are doing quite well in the grow box!! I am happy with it so far...

Back