• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Dyce's seeds

Nice box you have there..great idea. Love the duct tape. ;)
Won't the insulating stuff make it too hot though?

Jus wondering... :)

QuadShotz said:
Nice box you have there..great idea. Love the duct tape. ;)
Won't the insulating stuff make it too hot though?

Jus wondering... :)

I was having an issue with the heat...was getting up to 95+ inside the box after I vented the box a little bit it now maintains 85.4 degrees

If it cannot be built out of duct tape...then it cannot be built....lmao....I use duct tape for damn near everthing lol

Dyce51 said:
technically I should have had them planted in the fall for a mid spring harvest....the best I'm looking at right now is early to mid summer. That's why I'm growing them indoors right now to kind of give them a jump start....

I've never grown garlic, but if I remember right. what I heard from a local garden guy on the local news, he says garlic should be planted in the fall cuz the cold temps is what will produce bigger garlic bulbs. he then goes onto saying planting garlic in the spring will not give you big garlic bulbs.

I'm pretty sure thats what I heard him say, or I could be wrong.

groeatrepeat said:
Damn garlic grows fast!!!! How long does it usually take until the first harvest?

You really should plant it in the fall and harvest mid to late spring. As stated I will not get very large bulbs cuz I waited till now to start

Dyce51 said:
I was having an issue with the heat...was getting up to 95+ inside the box after I vented the box a little bit it now maintains 85.4 degrees

If it cannot be built out of duct tape...then it cannot be built....lmao....I use duct tape for damn near everthing lol

Cool..and SO true..check dis out:

dtjacket.GIF

Duct Tape Clothing..lmao!
The REAL Red Green Jacket....;)

url is: http://www.ducttapeguys.com/ LOTS moar carazeee chit.

ABurningMouth said:
Good job Dyce I like the box. Nice way to keep them nice and warm.
That garlic is cool.

thanks!!!

Had to replant the garlic yesturday (they outgrew the peat pots)...

The peppers are slowly doing their thing. It is amazing how much faster Habenaros grow compared to the Bhut Jolokias...The Jolokias are just kinds puttin along while the habs are kinda off to the races....lol

ABurningMouth said:
Good job Dyce I like the box. Nice way to keep them nice and warm.
That garlic is cool.

thanks...
a lil update the plants are really thriving inside their box. Noticable size differance everyday!

Ok the plants are doing fantastic!!! except for 2....they just shrivled up and vanished??? hhmmmmmmmmmm dunno wtf happened to them ...I would post a pic but there is nothing to photograph.... I removed the dead ones (both plants were in the same peat pot so I believe it is something isolated) I will post pics of the rest of the plants tommorrow...

ok heres a question for you guys....

I used 2 1/4" peat pots to start my seeds. They are doing great. Should I just place the entire peat pot into a larger one with more soil to "replant" the seedlings? Or should I just leave them go for now? I check the bottoms of the peat pots to make sure no roots are comming out yet .

These are the peat pots with netting? The roots will be out sooner than you think. I would remove the netting and transplant the whole thing into a cup or pot or whatever you're using next. Careful though, the peat will fall apart on you after the net comes off.

Argh. Just scrolled up and they look like the disintegrating type pot. Nevermind. Haven't used those.

I break up peat pots before planting or replanting. They don't disintegrate as fast as some of the companies that sell them claim. You want to be careful because the roots will grow up against and attach to the inside of the peat. You can break up the peat without tearing it away.

caroltlw said:
These are the peat pots with netting? The roots will be out sooner than you think. I would remove the netting and transplant the whole thing into a cup or pot or whatever you're using next. Careful though, the peat will fall apart on you after the net comes off.

Argh. Just scrolled up and they look like the disintegrating type pot. Nevermind. Haven't used those.

I just double checked and there is no netting. The pots are begining to break down now in fact.

Back