• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Early Peppers 4-15-08

Thanks all...I just had a concerning question just pop up...When I transplant these plants outside, will the existing pods continue to grow, or will the stress of transplanting make them drop off?

They'll continue to grow but you'll end up with a stronger, more productive plant if you pull off pods and flowers now.

I just got back from checking all of my plants and found that I have a baby Pablano pepper...I seems kind of cruel to cut all of the pods and flowers off :( They seem like gifts from my plants...

Its always difficult to cut off peppers but its for the best. If you have two similar plants cut the pods and flowers off one and leave the other. I believe you'll see a huge difference in overall plant size and production, especially with large C. annuum's like Poblanos

Well...With great difficulty, I pinched off all buds, flowers and pods from half of my plants. I'm going to leave the other half up to their own devices, just to see what happens...

i've come to this problem also. i agree with potawie.. but i also agree you just want to watch the pod grow on the tiny plant.. heh it's so cool! i think i'll go pinch some pods too : (. now that whatever those little flies were are gone ( so far, still checking and spraying lightly )

Back