• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Eating Chinense

I´ve been eating some fresh Chinense´s tonight and think they are great!

I´m not used to them at all but just thought that Fatalii taste almost exactly like 7-pot! I havent got any fresh 7-pod´s to compare with atm. Naga Morich didnt taste anything like any of them!

Fatalii like 7-Pot? you either have one heck of a 7-Pot, or one crappy Fatalii. both great, but Fatalii is REALLY great.

I thought the fatalii was the most unique pepper i've ever tasted. I've never had a 7-pot, but i also couldn't imagine it coming even close to a fatalii

Well,,, "the basic taste" is identical! I´ve only eaten 7-pot dried and now fatalii fresh. I´m totally blown away with the taste of fatalii. WoooW! Feels kind of good that i´ve got 700 grams of them :D I´m gonna eat them with everything! :P

cheezydemon said:
Nearly all C Chinense have that citrusy taste. It is unlike any jalapeno or bell or cayenne you have ever had.

Dunno if i'd agree with that,
Most chinese have a fruity aroma and taste which can be 'heavy' in some.
Haven't had a fatalii (yet) but had some good devils tongues this year and i believe they are similar, i thought they had a very light aroma and taste not lemon or lime but a nice mix of both, not at all like most habs or bonnets which seem to have that 'heavy' aroma

Back