vendor Ebay seller stole my photo...

Hey all...Please go to ebay and report this seller for using my photo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221371637179

He tried to get tricky and make a mirror image and only used the pod on the left but here is the original...
r1hSc6h.jpg

and here is his add...
$_57.JPG

The jerk even had the nerve to put his watermark on my image!!! He was reported to me by a new member that looked me up because he stole some of his photos too. If anyone is smarter than I am about how to get in direct contact with this seller I would appreciate the info!

Thanks all!
Shane

Found his email address...even better. 

fall9797bargains@outlook.com

Send him some love please!

PepperLover said:
true Chris, i really encourage everyone to watermark their pics before posting them online anywhere  
Yes I need to start doing it more. Crazy at the amount of non honest folks out there. I do have tons of embedded copyright stuff in the metadata. Even my wife couldn't get a picture printed without a personal statement from me...bahahahah

stc3248 said:

Yup...still what we do!!! You really in Shiner? My Great Aunt had a farm there...spent many summers there.

Yessir!   good ole shiner Home of shiner Bock,  and "Howards"  the conveinence store where you can get beer, bait ammo, ....and a few groceries all in one location Graduated there in 85, my daughter is going to be third generation "Shinerite" graduate in two more :)

I'm basically computer illiterate.
When I did whatever people told me I should do,it didn't more than make the thieves do a little more work to steal my pics.

Funny thing is,whenever I've told people using my pics that they should have asked first,they give me a very hostile reply.
Like I OWE them something for growing the seed and taking pics of my pods.
All I EVER asked was they put that it IS my pic they are using...

So every so often I just reload my bucket pics - it changes the address to xxxxxxxxxx-1 or whatever.
Erase all the xxxxxxxxxxx-0 pics.
I love seeing an asses site with pic not found type thing on their site.
My pics are not online,in general until I post them again,OR so it seems.
BUT my pics suck in general.
Only my popular stuff gets stolen.

Lets people know the guy actually doesn't own the pic.
I'm sure it might not mess with some people but most of the asses use google pics to steal my stuff.

Ya it screws with old posts but just editing my pics does the same thing anyway.

It's funny,most times if some person says they meant no offense,used google pics or whatever,I tell them just give me credit for the pic on the site and a few packs of seeds(IF they sell something I want) would be nice.

I really don't understand the " I DESERVE/I DEMAND YOU GIVE ME WHAT I WANT" attitude these days.

Giving me credit for my pic is such a hassle?

I'm not asking for anything other than,most times,credit for my pics.,nothing more.

I seldom ask for seeds.I have more varieties than these light weights/fly by nights have anyway...

I blame several vendors for the attitudes these days,$ draws the get rich quick and "I'm Cool,I GOT these seeds" crowd in.

Facebook , Ebay etc. just adds to the problem.
Fast cash that is from a product that nobody can complain about for 80-90 days can make a few $ before people can tell if they got burned.
Bad seeds grown by people that THINK growing supers is different than other pepper seeds gets even more sales for vendors.
I see TONS of people selling seeds blaming the customer for crap results with germination.
Heck,ECO Seeds and Reimer's have been doing it for YEARS.
Eco buys their seeds from a supplier,THEY don't have a germination problem,just a purity problem in general.
Depends what you buy..
( Seed supplier is in Maxwell / Willows Ca. - Seeds by design?My sister lives there and talked to the growers.The growers isolate nothing.
The seeds are from them sold by a LOT of vendors.)

The super Hot craze and the worlds hottest crap fueled the whole thing.

I don't think I'm off topic.
I see a lot of the people who steal pics being the same ones that customers don't like once their plant pods up.
Thieves are thieves.

PS.
I LOVE a good Bock and and a cold Brewed / aged Dopple Bock.

I made a Bock with a LOT of Habaneros in it.
It sucked big time after a month in the bottle - no Hab, taste,beer tasted like a Bock.

I put the 2+ cases under the other brews - future reference,I had other brews that weren't experimental.
A year latter,when I was running low on HomeBrews and making Chile for a Party I chilled and cracked open a bottle.
The Hops (Hauletter and Tettanger?) and Hab taste had blended to make a really great taste.
It tasted GREAT but still was only warn at most in heat.
BUT it had a really long lasting blend of hab taste and light weight throat burn.
GREAT for cooking with AND drinking in general.
I preffered cooking with it - chocolate malts and spicey malts as part of a meat marrinade for the smoker ruled.
It took too long to blend to just drink it and piss it out.
As a marrinade it got LBS. of stuff ready to smoke with the right taste/flavour blend.

I just sent off an angry reproach for the jerk who stole Judy's pic and text on ebay.  The lack of ethics on the internet really shouldn't surprise, but then again we're pretty insulated here.  Watermarks have to be SOP if you're posting any media for professional use.  

It's not that I don't understand being in a hurry and not wanted to stage the pics, but come on!  You can't send someone a friendly request and ask them kindly for permission?!  It's not that hard... 

wbut2013's Reply:

Yep that exactly who i bought these and many other pepper seed from,SO You should shut the hell up if you dont know what you talking about!

- wbut2023

SmokenFire said:

wbut2013's Reply:

Yep that exactly who i bought these and many other pepper seed from,SO You should shut the hell up if you dont know what you talking about!

- wbut2023

I guess buying seeds from someone gives you rights to all their stuff...I knew Judy liked to throw in freebies, but that is over the top!!!

Yawp. Sa truth in America. Even though its clear on their part they continue to deny and put blame on others. Wish someone can take credit for tossing bugs and fungal crap in my yard.

It's a shame that we have to protect our property in order to share with others.

stc3248 said:
I guess buying seeds from someone gives you rights to all their stuff...I knew Judy liked to throw in freebies, but that is over the top!!!

After I got his response I emailed back to inform him the THP community would be reporting him to Ebay for stealing photos and pics from Judy and that Ebay would likely ban him from selling anything on their site as a result.  His response:

I spend hundred of dollars with pepper love, and if i cant use the pic of the same item he sell me then i will take in down and dont buy shit from him anymore, tell him email me , the big customer he got in Pottstown Pa he know who i am i spend lot of money with him. i can take my business else where .

- wbut2023

So!  Now its up to Judy.  You can email him and he says he'll take it down, but likely at the cost of a customer who 'spend hundred of dollars'.   :)

edit: Pottstown, PA should really have better English don't you think?

Man that sucks, but at least the image changed!

Now that said, I hate to say it but no amount of watermarking and metadata is going to protect an image put on the internet. These are things we do to feel better, and hope that people will respect.

In the age of Photoshop, anyone determined enough can lift a watermark off an image. These days it is particularly easy with content-fill, which is typically used to touch up images and remove unwanted objects. Meta-data can easily be manipulated with available software, and if an image is resized on upload then the metadata is usually lost in the process.

It goes without saying that if you don't want people taking it and using it, then don't put it on the internet. At best you can call them out on it and hope they take corrective action, or if it is a particularly valuable image and you feel it is worth it then you can take legal action. Otherwise, if you control where the images are uploaded (your own website for example), then I think it better to license images that you post as a Creative Commons Share Alike w/ Attribution. Sharing is caring as they say.

Does this mean I condone stealing images? Nope. Just owning up to reality.

SmokenFire said:

After I got his response I emailed back to inform him the THP community would be reporting him to Ebay for stealing photos and pics from Judy and that Ebay would likely ban him from selling anything on their site as a result.  His response:

I spend hundred of dollars with pepper love, and if i cant use the pic of the same item he sell me then i will take in down and dont buy shit from him anymore, tell him email me , the big customer he got in Pottstown Pa he know who i am i spend lot of money with him. i can take my business else where .

- wbut2023

So!  Now its up to Judy.  You can email him and he says he'll take it down, but likely at the cost of a customer who 'spend hundred of dollars'.   :)

edit: Pottstown, PA should really have better English don't you think?

This dude is giving PA people a bad name.  If you do email him Judy, please ask him to stop telling people that he is from PA.

filmost said:
Man that sucks, but at least the image changed!

Now that said, I hate to say it but no amount of watermarking and metadata is going to protect an image put on the internet. These are things we do to feel better, and hope that people will respect.

In the age of Photoshop, anyone determined enough can lift a watermark off an image. These days it is particularly easy with content-fill, which is typically used to touch up images and remove unwanted objects. Meta-data can easily be manipulated with available software, and if an image is resized on upload then the metadata is usually lost in the process.

It goes without saying that if you don't want people taking it and using it, then don't put it on the internet. At best you can call them out on it and hope they take corrective action, or if it is a particularly valuable image and you feel it is worth it then you can take legal action. Otherwise, if you control where the images are uploaded (your own website for example), then I think it better to license images that you post as a Creative Commons Share Alike w/ Attribution. Sharing is caring as they say.

Does this mean I condone stealing images? Nope. Just owning up to reality.
I could really give two craps about someone using or downloading the photo...it's the fact that this dude is claiming he grew all the pods on his add and the likelihood he's selling orange hab or jalapeno seeds to folks using it.

I'm sure you didn't intend it Filmost, but your post reads like that good ole boy adage 'if you don't want to get raped don't wear that outfit'.

You're correct it's incredibly easy to lift a watermark. Saying 'don't put it on the internet if you don't want it stolen' is not really an option for retailers though - how many people will really purchase something without a picture (or multiple pics)in the description?

Something we could use is an enterprising mind to code a simple software program that will comb the net comparing text strings with images for dupes. Set it up to run weekly or monthly and take requisite action as needed or warranted.

And make it available in exchange for pods/seeds/sauces or powders of course :)

JayT said:
This dude is giving PA people a bad name.  If you do email him Judy, please ask him to stop telling people that he is from PA.
Typical east PA'er!

stc3248 said:
I could really give two craps about someone using or downloading the photo...it's the fact that this dude is claiming he grew all the pods on his add and the likelihood he's selling orange hab or jalapeno seeds to folks using it.
I totally agree. I would love somebody to steal my crappy pics. Flatter me!!! Stiffing people with bunk seeds and stealing your thunder for growing killer plants should be punishable by death though.

SmokenFire said:
I'm sure you didn't intend it Filmost, but your post reads like that good ole boy adage 'if you don't want to get raped don't wear that outfit'. You're correct it's incredibly easy to lift a watermark. Saying 'don't put it on the internet if you don't want it stolen' is not really an option for retailers though - how many people will really purchase something without a picture (or multiple pics)in the description? Something we could use is an enterprising mind to code a simple software program that will comb the net comparing text strings with images for dupes. Set it up to run weekly or monthly and take requisite action as needed or warranted. And make it available in exchange for pods/seeds/sauces or powders of course :)
Show me your Photoshop skills and remove the watermark without distorting the image. I am just curious...I use an image on image technique with layer....

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Show me your Photoshop skills and remove the watermark without distorting the image. I am just curious...I use an image on image technique with layer....

Challenge accepted. Completed in about a minute. Of course I have no idea how accurate you want it, but if I were going to steal an image then I wouldn't sweat the details that much, b/c most people wouldn't tell a difference.

For full disclosure, I used the spot healing tool w/ content aware fill.

Oh yeah, and I am totally jelly. This must be a suh-weet lens you have!

post-7027-0-87520100-1394543712.jpg

filmost said:

Challenge accepted. Completed in about a minute. Of course I have no idea how accurate you want it, but if I were going to steal an image then I wouldn't sweat the details that much, b/c most people wouldn't tell a difference.

Oh yeah, and I am totally jelly. This must be a suh-weet lens you have!

post-7027-0-87520100-1394543712.jpg
Nice work. Just wanted to make sure we all had skills ;) 

Back