vendor Ebay seller stole my photo...

Hey all...Please go to ebay and report this seller for using my photo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221371637179

He tried to get tricky and make a mirror image and only used the pod on the left but here is the original...
r1hSc6h.jpg

and here is his add...
$_57.JPG

The jerk even had the nerve to put his watermark on my image!!! He was reported to me by a new member that looked me up because he stole some of his photos too. If anyone is smarter than I am about how to get in direct contact with this seller I would appreciate the info!

Thanks all!
Shane

Found his email address...even better. 

fall9797bargains@outlook.com

Send him some love please!

I was exploring eBay's reporting feature and it led to this:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/vero-rights-owner.html

.. Might be good for you to give that a shot. *nod*

I took a glance at the negative feedback he has received and with each one he responded to he claimed it was the customer that was the issue rather accepting responsibility, and even insults some of them.

Hopefully you get this resolved. :(

I already reported him...not terribly upset, but him putting a watermark on my image was the cherry on top. He was reported to me by a guy that just joined THP to let me know my image was stolen. The seller had stolen one of his as well, so he is taking the time to research all the photos on the guy's listing to find the rightful owners...very cool.

by the way the cool new member that notified me is nwchilifarm. Very cool of him to go to all that trouble to track me down!

dang...now I feel bad for "just grabbing" some pictures off google to use as an avatar....I can see the reason for annoyance now.  Will be changing mine soon....ish :(  I have one thats kinda creepy...it's a cross section of a jalapeno.  When I cut the stem off....it looked like a scared ghost face...as soon as I can get it to load ill do it

He is now trying to convince me the picture is his!!!

On Friday, March 7, 2014 11:39 PM, Lee Fallows . <fall9797bargains@outlook.com> wrote:

I am in the process of updating my pictures. 

As you are claiming this picture is yours makes no difference as the work is mine not yours. Your claims are because of a certain immature seller on eBay that is trying to get me in trouble for nothing. They have been reported as they are affiliated with other sellers. I have taken more pictures and will change what I want to. not because of your claims, because I feel that if I keep my pictures on, you and your lovely friend will cause more unnecessary silly trouble.

Have a nice weekend. x 

and my response...
Lee,
The picture is mine...it is not a claim. If you would like I can point you to the exact thread on The Hot Pepper where you pulled it from. That is copyright infringement and plagiarism. You pulled it off the Carolina Reaper communtiy thread here:
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/34199-carolina-reaper-hp22b-community-grow/

On top of that you had the nerve to throw your watermark all over it which tells me that you're fully aware of copyright laws. Quit your little game of acting like you don't know what I am talking about and remove my picture from your add and anywhere else you're using it.

Respectfully,
Senior Chief Shane Caver 
Senior Enlisted Leader NMC CWD Unit Seal Beach

Respectfully,
Senior Chief Shane Caver 

Seal Beach.....Been there T-shirt was marked as "classified" and offloaded ammo and terrier missles there    Uss England Cg-22  (now scrapped :(  ....)

catherinew said:
Looks like he cowered and listened to you.  The picture is not the same.
Yeah...he changed it, but I am certain he just stole someone else' photo now. 

Happy Harry Habanero said:

Respectfully,
Senior Chief Shane Caver 

Seal Beach.....Been there T-shirt was marked as "classified" and offloaded ammo and terrier missles there    Uss England Cg-22  (now scrapped :(  ....)

Yup...still what we do!!! You really in Shiner? My Great Aunt had a farm there...spent many summers there.

GA Growhead said:
That's pathetic! Can't believe he would still try to claim it's his photo.
Now if dude would have actually grown a plant and gotten pods and is selling the seeds from those pods, he would have pictures of is own.
I'm guessing they aren't reaper seeds either.
Right on Shane!
Yeah...his watermark on my pic??? WTF??? I am certain folks are getting Jalapeno or Orange Hab seeds and not the real deal. If you read his whole add on there his claims are pretty bold. 

crazy,

what kind of seller/business/person that takes the time to set up an item on ebay and does not take the time to take a pic, where do they get the seeds to begin with? unless they are selling jalapeno as "reaper" 

last season, i planted about 40 new kinds of peppers, bcz i got so busy, i didnt take pics or documentation, so i didnt list them on the website 

here is another eBay infringement

look at this dude, not only he took the same pic, but also the text from the website just copy and past, i felt like asking him do u really know these guys u listed in ur item  :rofl:

his item :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mako-akok-srade-Pepper-Capsicum-Chinese-From-Eastern-region-of-Ghana-5-Seed-/251412932150?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8960e636

the original item on my website 

http://pepperlover.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=165&category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=23 

so i have learned my lesson and started adding text to the pic, and may add more complex watermarking if needed

i feel ur frustration stc3248 

i wish there was a away on THP to auto watermark any and every pic posted here something like "Posted on THP" 
that was if anyone tries to use the pics from here can be easily traced and maybe prosecuted 

catherinew said:
"I'm guessing they aren't reaper seeds either."

I doubt that the seeds are true Reapers because of the cost - 10 seeds for about $5.00.  Luckily he won't ship to the U.S.
Yeah...that was my exact thought. He is using my picture to fool fellow cool chili heads out there searching for seeds...uncool.

PepperLover said:
crazy,

what kind of seller/business/person that takes the time to set up an item on ebay and does not take the time to take a pic, where do they get the seeds to begin with? unless they are selling jalapeno as "reaper" 

last season, i planted about 40 new kinds of peppers, bcz i got so busy, i didnt take pics or documentation, so i didnt list them on the website 

here is another eBay infringement

look at this dude, not only he took the same pic, but also the text from the website just copy and past, i felt like asking him do u really know these guys u listed in ur item  :rofl:

his item :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mako-akok-srade-Pepper-Capsicum-Chinese-From-Eastern-region-of-Ghana-5-Seed-/251412932150?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8960e636

the original item on my website 

http://pepperlover.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=165&category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=23 

so i have learned my lesson and started adding text to the pic, and may add more complex watermarking if needed

i feel ur frustration stc3248 

i wish there was a away on THP to auto watermark any and every pic posted here something like "Posted on THP" 
that was if anyone tries to use the pics from here can be easily traced and maybe prosecuted 
Judy...I know I probably speak for many other members when I say if I got a pic of a variety you need, just ask and its yours free of charge. I would much rather have you selling known good seeds to folks instead of idiots like this guy.

thank you very much Shane,
yes if the user was one of us on the forum, most likely he/she would asked u for permission first, i have given pics and permission from many users, nothing wrong with sharing. but when the dude said it was his, then tried to prove u wrong thats what really make me upset

i am glad he changed his mind, eBay takes this issue seriously, if you email them, they will make sure to solve this issue and may band the sells if does it again   

Back