• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Ebola Pepper Challenge

Considering how popular pepper challenges are on Youtube and how very well the ice bucket challenge has raised awareness of and funds to fight ALS, I think this is a very good idea.  I wonder if folk here might like to contact these folk and donate some peppers.  I'd be there but it is winter in Kentucky.  No pods.  More so interested because that doesnt look all that hot, would probably make more of a splash if people were gagging and puking.

On a side note: The camera setting and how she moves forward and back makes it look like the pepper is morphing her head.  It is kind of spooky.  I like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLrgMRWv-mU

Zoli said:
Don't believe everything you hear. Ebola is just for fear mongering. Question everything.
uh, no? It's a documented disease, though I think fears of it becoming a pandemic like the Spanish flu of 1918 in countries with decent sanitation is unlikely & the panic is largely rooted in racism. "oh noes! Scary disease from Africa!! We're gonna get sick from black people!!!!"

Back on topic:
If I had peppers right now, I would totally do the thing. Let's see if it's still going on like July, lol.

People have been taught to fear over the last 30 yrs
Courage is very rare,they dont have a pill for it so its now lost

The flu was declared an epidemic here in the US, that is the bigger worry right now. Seems the strain the took off this year was not in the vaccine, so there are lots of people getting sick.

Funny thing, the Spanish flu didn't originate in Spain. There was a news black out on the flu do to WWI, but Spain wasn't in that war, so everyone heard about the flu in Spain, thus the name.

You're right, ebola is real, but the epidemic is not and it won't be. The pharmaceutical industry includes vaccinations too and its a HUGE (dirty) business.
Think about how placebo works, you can heal yourself from everything - and it works. If you live in fear, you get the exact opposite reaction, you can make yourself sick and so many people do.
Fear paralyzes. Being sick is not a normal thing like people think it is. Though I admire the OP's good intent.

Back