• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review El Yucateco XXXTRA Hot Sauce : Not a review.

So I have had the red and green ones and they were ok I guess but left something to be desired a little. While in a Supermercado, Spanish for Super Market if you didnt know, I noticed they sold all three so I picked up a bottle of this for $1.75. I look up info on it when I get home and they have it rated at 11,000 SHU. I dabbed some on my finger and WOW it tastes great!!

So I take this 6 inch Subway Veggie sub and pour about half of the bottle over it and close it back up. Take a few bites of it damn is it good and good heat as well.

So about halfway through the samdwich it gets hotter and hotter until Im hurting pretty bad :mouthonfire:, like WAY more than 11,000 SHU hurting, and it keeps getting worse. My damn lips aer throbbing from the pain.

So who in the hell labeled this as 11,000 SHU??? Its way more than that. Id even say closer to like 50,000. Hell I ate some Mad Dog 357 on a sandwich and didnt get the pain like that, granted it was nowhere near as much but still.

That kutbil-ik de sauce is the shit huh? Such a great flavor, love the woody/smoky overtones. And it does have that great, slow-building yet long-lasting habanero burn. Great stuff.

Necrocannibal said:
Oh its great but since I saw it was only 11,000 SHU I used half a bottle only for it to light my ass up. Bastards.......

Lol, made same "mistake" the first time. Best sandwich i've ever had :lol::onfire:

Necrocannibal said:
So I have had the red and green ones and they were ok I guess but left something to be desired a little. While in a Supermercado, Spanish for Super Market if you didnt know, I noticed they sold all three so I picked up a bottle of this for $1.75. I look up info on it when I get home and they have it rated at 11,000 SHU. I dabbed some on my finger and WOW it tastes great!!

So I take this 6 inch Subway Veggie sub and pour about half of the bottle over it and close it back up. Take a few bites of it damn is it good and good heat as well.

So about halfway through the samdwich it gets hotter and hotter until Im hurting pretty bad :mouthonfire:, like WAY more than 11,000 SHU hurting, and it keeps getting worse. My damn lips aer throbbing from the pain.

So who in the hell labeled this as 11,000 SHU??? Its way more than that. Id even say closer to like 50,000. Hell I ate some Mad Dog 357 on a sandwich and didnt get the pain like that, granted it was nowhere near as much but still.
It's not that it's labeled too low... other sauces are just labeled too high. 11,000SHU is pretty hot.

imaguitargod said:
Stop looking at me like that... I'm talking about REAL 11,000SHU, not "This sauce is rated at 9,000,000SHU!" BS. even a Jalapeño that peaks at 10,000SHU would be a lot hotter than most "extreme" sauces.

Omri said:
I'm talking about REAL 11,000SHU, not "This sauce is rated at 9,000,000SHU!" BS. even a Jalapeño that peaks at 10,000SHU would be a lot hotter than most "extreme" sauces.

OHOHOH!!! Ok, I get where you are coming from now.

Omri said:
Stop looking at me like that...

Fine, I'll start looking at you like this :fireball:

Yeah man, that stuff is sneaky goodness.

Espec. if you've had the other ones, then the XXX....wayyyy different.

Put it this way, at DeLeon mexican foods where I get mine, it was completely gone today...while the red/green ones weren't even touched.

QuadShotz said:
Yeah man, that stuff is sneaky goodness.

Espec. if you've had the other ones, then the XXX....wayyyy different.

Put it this way, at DeLeon mexican foods where I get mine, it was completely gone today...while the red/green ones weren't even touched.

Ive had the red and green ones and t hey dont even compare to this sauce. I found the red sauce was good on pizza or in italian pasta and that was it. I never found a use for the green. This stuff is good in/on anything. I havent found a food yet I didnt like it on.

QUANTITY my brother.

You can take cayenne powder (relatively mild stuff to most of us) and cover your whole tongue (like 2 tbs worth) and you will be on fire.

Hell! Enough black pepper could probably kill you in insane quantities.

Half the bottle is probably a LOT of peppers worth.

Back