• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

End of the Season for SV

Howdy Pepper Friends!

Sorry for not providing updates but life (family and work) really kept me busy the last few months and I fell behind harvesting pods. I did make it a point to pick the yellow peppers and Habanero's on occasion.

Temperatures have been dropping down to the 50's and even though there were a lot of pods on the plants I decided to start hacking this evening. I plan on keeping a few of the Orange Habanero's plants that produced so well along with the Fatali and 7-Pod's. Oddly, the Fatali's and 7-Pods did not produce well at all up until August and then they went into major overdrive :D

They will be spared the knife for now so some of the pods have a chance to ripen over the next few weeks.

5141207074_d91d57f4f7_b.jpg

5141207710_b6c033b8b6_b.jpg

5140604545_3d18cf9493_b.jpg

5140605273_2f3121cb7c_b.jpg

This plant is a late bloomer and the pods are not terribly hot. They are very thin walled and packed with seeds, I will have to search to see what they might be.

5141208296_dff8622ce2_b.jpg

I learned a lot this year:

I am not very good at container plants...not yet anyway.

Nobody in there right mind needs more than ONE Tabasco.

Six productive Habanero plants make a LOT of pods!

Pepper plants can grow 7' tall easily.

I need more raised beds, at least 6 more 4x8 beds...can we say OVERCROWDED :D

Cool weather pics! :clap:
I learned some of the same gardening lessons this year too. Because of overcrowding (which did produce tons of pods btw) I didn't have any really outstanding plants. More like a chinense jungle. :lol: Lemon drops were surprise producer.
Suggestion: make your raised beds much longer. It saves a lot of lumber!
T

Nice thunderstorm pics.

It's a pain to have to chop all of that growth down to a nub. :(

That mystery plant of yours looks a lot like my Aji Cereza. Very seedy little buggers and a pain to pick.

Nice pics. My plants slowed down a lot with a couple of weeks of rain on and off and now it's 96 and they are picking up right where they left off and are really producing. Hopefully the nice weather will last for a few more weeks because I want to keep growing right into the next season!

Back