• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Epsom Salt

I know a lot of people here use Epsom Salt . And it seems 1 teaspoon per gallon is the dose used. I've been adding this to my nutrients from time to time. No real method to my madness ..... just when I think about it. It does seem to have helped my plants. Everything is a nice dark green.

How do those that use it do it ? Every time you water , every other , every forth time ? I'd just like an idea. I know you can over do things ... can you O.D. plants with Epsom Salt? And if so ... what are the signs ?

Thanks & Peace,
P. Dreadie

I use it only as a foliar spray. about once a week. I also use 15-30-15 at 1/4 stength as a foliar spray and it is alternated with the epsom foliar spray. Not sure if that's right or not, but so for it is working. At least my plants are not dying.

i would do it once a week...in drench...
Excess of Magnesium Sulfate commonly known as Epsom salt , can or will induce potassium deficiency due to interference with K uptake and utilization. It will express itself on the plant as a Potassium deficiency that translates as leaf margin chlorosis (yellowing), followed by necrosis (tissue death)...
hope it helps P.Dreadie...

No wonder why some of my leaves turned yellowish...I'll dilute my spray and limit it to once per week now.

Any way to undo what I did?

SnakeDoc , give some potassium sulfate or potash (1onz) and 5cc of molasses diluted in one liter of water...drench it and foliar...once a week for 2 weeks, no epson salt for at least 2 weeks...that should get your plants back on track...

Ok ...... I am an old fart and I don't always remember everything ..... that's why I try to write it down. I don't remember AJ or anyone else saying to use 1 cup per gallon of water much less 2 cups per gallon of water.

For soaking your feet use 1/2 cup with a quart of water.......

Peace,
P. Dreadie

SnakeDoc said:
More like 1 cup per gallon

Yeah, that's at least 16x too much. Flush your pot and your plant should be OK.

For foliar feeding the dosage should be about half strength of your soil application.

I did a Google Search ...... for Maters and Peppers they say to use 1 teaspoon per quart of water. Foliar spray or watering the plant.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

P. Dreadie said:
I did a Google Search ...... for Maters and Peppers they say to use 1 teaspoon per quart of water. Foliar spray or watering the plant.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

Google again and I'm sure you can find multiple recommendations for the dosage. ;)

Generally for foliar applications the dosage is reduced by half no mater what you're spraying.

Guys, why don't you use a foliar formula like metalosate products...?
I give foliar metalosate Multimineral, Metalosate Boron and Metalosate Calcium each 15 days...other nutrients by root...my peppers are doing very well...

Back