• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Essential oil making

:lol:  talk about good timing!  :lol: 

That wasn't planned~~~  :)

illWill said:
"Drugs."  Lol what kind of capsaicin junkie are you!   :P   the reason it is mostly used just for cannabis, is how monetarily inefficient it is.  Butane isn't cheap!

And I don't think alcohol would extract purely the oil, is the problem.  That what makes any sort of extraction tough, extracting solely what you need.  I use pure evil on a regular basis and if I had a vial of say, reaper oil, that would be absolutely amazing!  

not that kind of capsaicin junkie lol 
i have however done some light reading on extracting oils from peppers and that is what it said, pure grain alcohol will dissolve and extract the capsaicin oils from the pepper, how well it does this i am not sure,and as salsalady just said, its called tincture, but like i said im not interested in hot pepper oil, i do like lavender oil, rose oils and other herbs. and they are easy to extract by boiling the herbs in water, and using the same set up for moonshine 

illWill said:
"Drugs."  Lol what kind of capsaicin junkie are you!   :P   the reason it is mostly used just for cannabis, is how monetarily inefficient it is.  Butane isn't cheap!

And I don't think alcohol would extract purely the oil, is the problem.  That what makes any sort of extraction tough, extracting solely what you need.  I use pure evil on a regular basis and if I had a vial of say, reaper oil, that would be absolutely amazing!  

Why don't you ask SL if you send her a bunch of reapers if she will make some PE with just reapers?
Wait  Az-hi-az-i-am I just realized you want reaper oil for the flavor. yea I'm done here.
If that reaper oil ever happens let me know, I'd buy some.

THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEDS AND DRUGS. MEDS ARE DOPE THE COPS CANT TAKE AWAY FROM YOU. DRUGS ARE DOPE YOU GO TO JAIL FOR.

hogleg said:
Why don't you ask SL if you send her a bunch of reapers if she will make some PE with just reapers?
Wait  Az-hi-az-i-am I just realized you want reaper oil for the flavor. yea I'm done here.
If that reaper oil ever happens let me know, I'd buy some.

THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEDS AND DRUGS. MEDS ARE DOPE THE COPS CANT TAKE AWAY FROM YOU. DRUGS ARE DOPE YOU GO TO JAIL FOR.
well what about peyote? where is that classed? cause it is legal in canada lol

Yes, I could make some Reaper-flavored Pure Evil. 

This thread is waaaaayyyy out in left field if the OP was asking about non-marijuana Herb Oil distillation. 

I guess that's the thing, I don't know how the oil on itself would taste.  I guess it's something that seems very appealing, but may be an illogical desire.  Flavonoids and terpenoids might be inside the oil, but might be inside the actual vegetative matter of the pepper (probably more likely.)    And yes, I would buy it too   :D   I have heard of Ed's reaper extract (forget the name) but the price seems kind of high and when I read the description, didn't say how it was made!

However, cops can take any illegal substance (drug) from you.  I don't think that is sound reasoning for it not being medication.  A simple paradox detailing this would be some states being legal for cannabis while some aren't.  That is a clear sign that law isn't indicative, when it contradicts itself.  But once again, I digress   :drunk:

And yes salsalady, agreed.  Lmao.  Now it's my turn to apologize for the thread jack    :P

salsalady said:
Yes, I could make some Reaper-flavored Pure Evil. 

This thread is waaaaayyyy out in left field if the OP was asking about non-marijuana Herb Oil distillation.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
LOL  "there if I just edit" Yes I want reaper flavored PE "I wont look as think as they drunk I am."

Peyote falls under a spiritual vacation my friend. and is sacred amongst American Indians. it would be sacreligious for a cop to mess with a Indians sacrement.

I said i was done here!

hogleg said:
Bwaaahaaahaaa!
Peyote falls under a spiritual vacation my friend. and is sacred amongst American Indians. it would be sacreligious for a cop to mess with a Indians sacrement.

I said i was done here!
Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaa  I quoted the wrong post. LOL twice!

hogleg said:
Bwaaahaaahaaa!

I said i was done here!
sorry, just bustin ur balls lol

and yes it was about herbs and essential oils, salsalady you know the most info and the best info, pj sorry for the thread jack. and hoglegs i am done here as well. no more illegal talk from me lol

magicpepper said:
sorry, just bustin ur balls lol

and yes it was about herbs and essential oils, salsalady you know the most info and the best info, pj sorry for the thread jack. and hoglegs i am done here as well. no more illegal talk from me lol
no, no the "done here" snap was'nt directed at you. Its a inside Dale Baker joke. I guess you had to be there.
we aaaaaalllllllll good G

hogleg said:
no, no the "done here" snap was'nt directed at you. Its a inside Dale Baker joke. I guess you had to be there.
we aaaaaalllllllll good G
i knew what you meant, i read the vendor vault regarding rhody and dale, haha to funny. i even made a post 
that guy man every time ya turn around he says "i am done here, no more posts from me" what an ass  :rofl:

oh and hoglegs, pay attention so ya dont quote your own posts lmfao

Those alternative medicine topics have their place, I do support alternative herbs, and will likely be involved in the legal recreational market in WA state very soon.  Just trying to keep it a lil bit on topic for essential oil distillation.  :cool:   

IzAllGud~~~    

hey hogleg you should put an s at the end of your name so i dont keep spelling it wrong lmfao, i keep picturing some dude walkin around with two lil hoglegs  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

just got even more jacked bahahaha

anyway essnetial oils, what kind of oils are you looking at making pepperjack? 
lavender is a great one, but takes a lot of it, i like rose oils, witch hazel and a few others. 

I've not been involved with essential oil processing other than lavender.  I've done lavender about 10 years, and usually take enough plant material for 1 55-gallon barrel process.  Some years I'd get 3+ cups of oil, some years less than 2 cups.  It always varies depending on blossom maturity, hydration, whow long left in the field to dry (and loose those valuable oils...).  When the oil sold retail, those 3 cups (from about 10 lavender plants) could bring in over $700. 

I've no idea how much oil could be distilled from mint (quite a bit I think) or lemon or other herbs.  BUT!!!!  there are tons of websites out there just for the googling where all if this information is easily available from very knowledgeable folks.

salsalady said:
I've not been involved with essential oil processing other than lavender.  I've done lavender about 10 years, and usually take enough plant material for 1 55-gallon barrel process.  Some years I'd get 3+ cups of oil, some years less than 2 cups.  It always varies depending on blossom maturity, hydration, whow long left in the field to dry (and loose those valuable oils...).  When the oil sold retail, those 3 cups (from about 10 lavender plants) could bring in over $700. 

I've no idea how much oil could be distilled from mint (quite a bit I think) or lemon or other herbs.  BUT!!!!  there are tons of websites out there just for the googling where all if this information is easily available from very knowledgeable folks.
thank you, i read some on google but i thought id ask some one who has actually dont it more then what i have.
i will search more on google though  ;)

Back