• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Ethnic food

Well it is a night for me but what are you doing in wheeeeeeee hours? Talking about schnitzels???????:rofl: Put this way it took me many years to turn a city boy into one obsessive avid super hot peppers grower. :)

See growing up over there I was able to get a typical typical Central and Southern European chilies and now the whole new chili world got open right before my eyes….I’m in the heaven :lol:

It is so nice to be able to experiment with a food from my neck of the woods in combo with super hot chilies. It kind of gives a new spin to entire cooking.

Well my personal vacuum cleaner ...my son :rofl: LOVES superhots and cant get enough of them but my daughter is totally oposite...she does not like any chilies. Can't win with them. Because of that I have title of short order cook here. :lol:

Better schnitzels (recipe taken from my mother):
Marinate the chicken breasts over night in a mix of eggs, paprika, white pepper, salt, chicken stock, salt and a little cumin. dip in bread crumbs and fry. has much more flavor and will suit better for a standalone meal.

:)

Better schnitzels (recipe taken from my mother):
Marinate the chicken breasts over night in a mix of eggs, paprika, white pepper, salt, chicken stock, salt and a little cumin. dip in bread crumbs and fry. has much more flavor and will suit better for a standalone meal.

:)

Don't mean to be a poo poo Omri but I would not recommend marinating anything with raw eggs, especially chicken.

schnitzeli.jpg

Well...I had a plan for dinner tonight, but after seeing that pic...I just don't know...the plan might change! That looks amazing!

If I go thru w/ my plan, I'm going to try Beef Stifado, a Greek stew. I've not had it before, but it sounded tasty. This thread is really encouraging me to step out and try some new flavors, altho Stifado isn't really a stretch. We have no ethnic restaurants here, so if you want it, you gotta make it! :)

Holy cow on a crutch Omri! That chicken looks as good as anything posted on THP and I'd be all over it. Sure wish you would post more of that kind of stuff. Ain't no reason not to see a (1) instead of an (0) on that throwdown crown of yours.

Yeah, like,
Chili Juju (1)
Scoville DeVille (0)

GOOSE EGG!!!!!

I'd vote for that Omri, especially with some Habanaro / onion gravy!
TB would vote too, except you'd have to smother it in Queso! lol
No disrespect!

Back