seed-train European Seed train...

Tell us what you need and I can get you those variaties separately.
ok , this is what I need from list :
Bhut Jolokia
Bhut Jolokia Peach
Apache
Habanero Maya Red
Habanero Big Sun
Jalapeño Craig's Grande

I can send money via PayPal, just let me know how much.

Neoplanter said:

ok , this is what I need from list :
Bhut Jolokia
Bhut Jolokia Peach
Apache
Habanero Maya Red
Habanero Big Sun
Jalapeño Craig's Grande

I can send money via PayPal, just let me know how much.

PM your address I see what I can do  ;)

Mitzi said:
UK will not be in the EU next year so this may be the last year we can participate; eek!  (I voted Remain; does that help?)

I'm just happy that we managed to stay this long, TBH, I wasn't expecting 2018 to even be a possibility. I'm in.

Train starts today.

1) LuckyLuke (Czech Republic) shipped 4th of October

2) nice.chili (France) - pending receive

3) Baekseju (France) 

4) MarcV (Belgium)

5) b3rnd (the Netherlands)

6) scotsbonnet (Scotland)

7) Mitzi (England)

8) Sonka (Hungary)

back to LuckyLuke

I have added these seeds:

Tiny chilli from Azores (c. frutescens) - crazy heat
Ghost Naganero (Naganero x JPGS) F3 - colour yellow
Jalapeno x Kapija F3
PeppeSuki F2 (Sicilian Pepperoncino x Sukari) - colour red
NaganeroX F3 (Naganero x Cheiro Roxa) - colour red
Serenade
BBM
JPGS
PDN
Ajinero F3 (Aji Panca x Naganero) - colour red
Brainstrain Yellow
Tripple F4 (Naganero x Devils Tongue Yellow) - colour yellow
Nagabrain Choco

Naganero is cross between Dorset Naga x Habanero Red

Today I finally received the long awaited smoke dried pods from two traditional Mallorcan chilli varieties, which I bought especially to obtain the seeds. I don't know if these seeds are viable but I will be adding some of them to the seed train  :dance:
There's a good chance it will work as the Pimenton De La Vera seeds, which also originate from smoke dried pods, also did germinated without problems :)

DSCF0232_C1_800.jpg

DSCF0231_C1_800.jpg

OK - package received and now on its forward journey. (It got to me in good condition and of course with lots of options(!).)

I added the following (each bag of 15 seeds):
  • 1x Aji Chombo (2017)
  • 1x Aji Cochabamba (2017)
  • 1x Aji Melocoton (2017)
  • 2x Chocolate Habanero (2016)
  • 3x Jalapeño Early (2018)
  • 3x Piment d'Espelette (2018)
  • 4x Tabasco Short Yellow (2018)
I already had most bagged up so thought that for whomever is interested just to take a baggie of 15 seeds. But whatever... I added them all to the 2018 über bag, and at the end of the train they can be distributed to last germinated/last train year as desired.

Good variety - glad to be part of the train this year! And enjoy...

Oops... :rolleyes:  Forgot to add that what I took were from varieties that are not in short supply. So no deletions required on the master list.

Hey,

I've just received the enveloppe on Friday.
I'am awaiting MarcV's address and will put the train back on tracks.

I only took a baggie of Jalapeno, piment d'espelette and tabasco from nice.chili, and a few seeds from a couple of older bags from 2016/2017 so no deletions on my part either.

Slugs ate most of my chili plants this season, so I could not contribute much to this year's train  :tear:
I've added a 50 empty baggies (+/-10) pack in the 2018 bag along with a couple packs of my rarest seeds ("Reunion Island's piments oiseaux" that my father in law brought me back from his native island & Kokopelli Purira). All my other seeds being the remaining of the few seeds I took from the 2016 seed train...
I'll compensate next year, as I've bought several slug traps   :hell:

Also, if anyone has Paprika Seeds, I'd be happy to trade some of my homegrown heirloom 5th generation tomato seeds.
Chili growing was a disaster, but my tomato parcel turned into a jungle. I don't even water my tomato plants at all, and they
grow stronger every year.

Thanks !

1) LuckyLuke (Czech Republic) shipped 4th of October

2) nice.chili (France) 

3) Baekseju (France) 

4) MarcV (Belgium)

7) Mitzi (England)

8) Sonka (Hungary)

back to LuckyLuke

Hi Luke

A few posts back, Spicefreak said "I'm in."  He could have been talking about the European Union but I think it was the Seed Train. 

Mitzi said:
Hi Luke

A few posts back, Spicefreak said "I'm in."  He could have been talking about the European Union but I think it was the Seed Train. 

Let's him confirm again. I was confused as well. If he is in, I will add him between 6 and 7.

I took a couple of sugar rush red seeds out. The bag already contained very few seeds, there are now only 3 seeds of this variety left.

What I added:
- Rosemary pepper -> makes nice hot powder
- Stavros -> very nice taste, (nearly) heatless
- Bhut Orange Copenhagen (The Hippy Seed Company)
- Piquillo de Lodosa -> very nice taste, sweet, heatless
- Pimenton de la Vera "Jeromin" from original smoke dried pods -> nearly 100% germination ratio (I loved this variety!)
- Pimenton de la Vera "Jaranda" from original smoke dried pods -> nearly 100% germination ratio
- Pimenton de la Vera "Bola" from original smoke dried pods -> no luck germinating yet...
- Pebre de Cirereta from original dried pods -> currently testing germination (see one of my previous posts in this thread)
- Tap de Cortí from original dried pods -> currently testing germination (see one of my previous posts in this thread)

This past season I also grew Tap de Cortí from seeds I received from another forum member. Grew out as a very compact and sturdy plant with upward growing, sweet great tasting, heatless pods.

Thanks ! Choo Chooo !

1) LuckyLuke (Czech Republic)

2) nice.chili (France) 

3) Baekseju (France) 

4) MarcV (Belgium)

7) Mitzi (England)

8) Sonka (Hungary)

back to LuckyLuke

Seeds are on the way to b3rnd.
Because of the large amount of bags I used a box instead of an envelope for shipping.

I am going to Budapest in three weeks' time, as it happens.  If the seed train gets to me in time, I should be able to use the local Hungarian post instead of international (assuming Customs don't stop me bringing it in my suitcase.)

LuckyLuke said:

Let's him confirm again. I was confused as well. If he is in, I will add him between 6 and 7.

I would like to be involved but haven't been the most active on the forums as of late. If I've missed my chance, I totally understand.

I found a stowaway!

Through some "devious" means - i.e., I presume it fell off my desk when I was repacking the envelope - I have a packet of Lemon Drop (Aji Lemon) OP 2016 seeds from Tango. The baggie has approximately 40-50 seeds.

I don't necessarily need said seeds, so am quite willing to send them on separately to an upcoming station / back to you Lucky Luke. Or maybe it's just not worth the effort(?). Alternatively a return passenger for European Seed Train, autumn 2019?

Seems like I must have missed a variety in the seed train... According to the list made by b3rnd there should be 7pod burgundy in the package. I would have liked a couple of seeds of this...

Back