seed-train European Seed train...

MarcV - I actually have some 7 pot burgundy seeds. I didn't include them in the train as I was seeking to add ones not already on the list. But I can certainly send some through to you.

Howdy! It looks I missed the EU train this year!
I had many things to do meanwhile, not much about chiles... poor year so far... But I try to prepare for next year now.

@Baekseju: I see you want some Paprika seeds, anything specific? I could check for some commercial packs sold here. Sorry, don't have any growing in my garden.

And now completely out of topic:
@All EU (brexit or not): dunno who knows Smokemaster, a great chilli guy, he keeps a seed bank, well, US... I just wonder if we could have a EU seed bank, in fact a THP EU seed bank. Not easy task, I know. Big picture, he receive donations, and send seeds by request. He also grow peppers by his own, to "refresh" the bank, and other people do this too, returning seeds after harvest.

rghm1u20 said:
Howdy! It looks I missed the EU train this year!

I can add you. You would be number 10. Your call.

list updated.

1) LuckyLuke (Czech Republic)

2) nice.chili (France) 

3) Baekseju (France) 

4) MarcV (Belgium)

5) b3rnd (the Netherlands)

6) scotsbonnet (Scotland)

7) spicefreak (UK)

8) Mitzi (UK)

9) Sonka (Hungary)

back to LuckyLuke

Hey guys, 

I've received the train last Saturday, but I've been very sick with the flu these last couple of days. I'm gonna get it going again tomorrow or the day after. I'll also get around to updating the file! Sorry for the delay.

1) LuckyLuke (Czech Republic) 

2) nice.chili (France) 

3) Baekseju (France) 

4) MarcV (Belgium) 

5) b3rnd (the Netherlands) 

6) scotsbonnet (Scotland)

7) spicefreak (UK)

8) Mitzi (UK)

9) Sonka (Hungary)

back to LuckyLuke

MarcV said:
Seems like I must have missed a variety in the seed train... According to the list made by b3rnd there should be 7pod burgundy in the package. I would have liked a couple of seeds of this...

Sorry about that Marc, the first season I made that list people still weren't really used to the system I guess. This is the first season everyone's been doing it perfectly. Probably someone after me last year took the Burgundy seeds without letting me know. I'll take it off the list.

If anyone is sure that a variety that is on the list isn't on the train anymore; please let me know.

What are the thoughts for the EU seed bank idea of rghm1u20?

I'd be happy to further the suggestion, but also don't want to ruin the current arrangement. It is REALLY COOL to receive a big envelope of many, many seeds and then select like a "kid in a candy store" (not sure whether that's directly translatable but can certainly think of an alternative of: like a "pig in mud" - the clean version). And of course contribute.

Maybe I set up a separate thread to discuss?

b3rnd said:

Sorry about that Marc, the first season I made that list people still weren't really used to the system I guess. This is the first season everyone's been doing it perfectly. Probably someone after me last year took the Burgundy seeds without letting me know. I'll take it off the list.

If anyone is sure that a variety that is on the list isn't on the train anymore; please let me know.
I'm not saying it wasn't in the train, I just forgot to check it ;)

can I be the last station of this train because I am not in the EU and the package is not in danger to stuck if it is the last station?

Seed bank is a lot more work for the person who keeps it / administers it, as they have to send and receive multiple times compared with the seed train.  Seed train = sending it out once, receiving it back again, then keeping it somewhere cool until the next year.  (For which many thanks, Luke.)  I'm not saying that's no effort - of course it is, but a seed bank would be a lot more time consuming as you keep having to dip into it or add to it as each person's contributions and requests come in.

Also normally for a seed bank held in one country, you send a self-addressed envelope for the return seeds, but if it's done internationally, how would we arrange the return postage?  Paypal?  

I've sent the package yesterday. I was waiting for the mail with the track and trace number it never came. 

By the way, does the train pass by any other forum? There are quite some varieties that weren't there last time I got it and aren't on the list. I definitely added every single variety to the list that time. Some of them have the name Baron on them, which I also don't recognize. Just wondering how they got in there.

I updated the seed list with this year's info, but I didn't get around to adding those I mentioned above yet. I did take pictures of them so I'll add them later.

b3rnd said:
By the way, does the train pass by any other forum? There are quite some varieties that weren't there last time I got it and aren't on the list. I definitely added every single variety to the list that time. Some of them have the name Baron on them, which I also don't recognize. Just wondering how they got in there.

Yes, I was given some extras from my chilli friends. 

Cool, that explains it! I'll add them to the list ASAP. I hope I got them all, I went through all the seeds two times.

Train on it's way to spicefreak. Will add details shortly.

Added some seeds:

aji angelo
dorset naga
star of turkey
sugar rush peach - very nice!
brazilian pumpkin
yellow thai
aji white fantasy
hungarian hot wax
aji verde
pimenta de neyde
rainforest
and an unknown orange pepper - not too hot but quite tasty.

Back