seed-train European Seed train...

CHOO CHOO

1) LuckyLuke (Czech republic) - package shipped 1st of December.
2) Zoli (Hungary) - package shipped 8th of December.
3) rghm1u20 (Romania) - package shipped 17th of December.

4) Rory (Italy) - package shipped January.
5) Nulle (Denmark) - package shipped 27th of January
6) snagglepuss (UK) - Pending receipt. Next address is known.
7) scotsbonnet (Scotland) - Next address is known.
8) tsurrie (Slovenia) - Open for new passengers.
9) back to LuckyLuke for round 2.

Yes, the seeds are on their way to the UK. My favorite hubby went to the post office. They're prices are as crazy as the Italian prices so it's sent by ordinary mail.
Let us know when you get it, Snagglepuss.
Linda

thanks I will

I took a couple of Jamaighiunho seeds but I forgot to write down from who.

Could the kind person who donated these seeds tell me what exactly they are? :)

Probably a bit misspelled :) , if you think about Jamaiquinho, they are from me. I got the seeds from a guy in Bucharest, Romania. I think he bought the peppers in a supermarket and collected the seeds. Will try to find some pictures for you, from my garden, because I also found nothing on internet.
(BTW, I also found some peppers in a supermarket, having a strange name, found also nothing on the net).

Probably a bit misspelled :) , if you think about Jamaiquinho, they are from me. I got the seeds from a guy in Bucharest, Romania. I think he bought the peppers in a supermarket and collected the seeds. Will try to find some pictures for you, from my garden, because I also found nothing on internet.
(BTW, I also found some peppers in a supermarket, having a strange name, found also nothing on the net).

Ah well we ll see how it grows out, it just hooked today. Have you grown it before?

I tried one that rghm1u20 grew last year ... and it's an interesting, quite big habanero style pepper with distinct chinense flavor and the pod I tasted was like a half of Caribbean Red heat level... interesting pepper

The seeds come from this pod

They look awesome, its even already germinated for me. Lets hope I can keep it alive!!

Received the seeds this morning and had a wee look. Took out a couple of seeds for 7 or 8 varieties and sent it on it's way to tsurrie in sunny Slovenia. Did not send as tracked as price is pretty crazy for such a small packet. Thanks to all who organised and supplied seeds for the train, a great idea and hopefully one we can carry on from time to time. I'm still pretty much a newbie and only had 4 varieties, all of which were already on the train so didn't add any but as i get a bit more experienced i will certainly throw some onboard!

In the end it turned around pretty quick, lessons have been learned. Avoid Christmas time postage. And the European seed train is possible!!
ChooChooooooooo :)
Thanks to Lucky Luke for putting it together!

rghm1u20 said:
I think would be better to start somewhere end of September. And maybe second round beginning of January.

yeah, at the end of the summer when we all have already dried seeds, we can get the train to a lot of stations before christmas... right?
this is gonna be interesting... :)

anyway, I'll let you all know when I get the package and that's it, no more passengers?
If that's the case the envelope is going back to LuckyLuke (PM me the address please)

1) LuckyLuke (Czech republic) - package shipped 1st of December.
2) Zoli (Hungary) - package shipped 8th of December.
3) rghm1u20 (Romania) - package shipped 17th of December.

4) Rory (Italy) - package shipped January.
5) Nulle (Denmark) - package shipped 27th of January
6) snagglepuss (UK) - package shipped
7) scotsbonnet (Scotland) - package shipped 4th of February

8) tsurrie (Slovenia) - Pending receipt. Please hold, there is a chance we add someone. If not, I'll advise return adress. Tks !
9) ?? C'mon guys, claim your seat ! It still time to germinate the seeds. 

Back